cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

eieio

Day One - Feeling Helpless

Jump to solution

I’ve tried quitting so many times and it never stuck. I hate that vaping has this control over me. I want to quit so badly, and it’s more difficult that everyone around me vapes. I don’t know what to do. 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@eieio Welcome to the Ex. I;m excited for you taking the first step quitting.  You may need to distance yourself from other vapers; at least temporarily.   Quitting an addiction can be scary.  After all we've smoked/vaped through every emotion and activity in our lives.  Approaching your quit one day at a time can help to alleviate those fears.

If you haven't done it yet, this is where to start.  Read material on the site to learn about nicotine addiction and to create a plan that prepares you for your quit.  These two steps have made difference for many quitters.  In addition, having the support of fellow quitters is a key component to be successful.  This link is a great place to start to identify your triggers, tools, new associations to create instead of vaping, etc.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Consider taking the Daily Pledge.  It's great way to stay on track one day at a time.

We're here to support you , so reach out anytime we can help.

Practice doing some deep breathing exercisers. 

Barbscloud_0-1655995963754.gif

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Barbscloud

@eieio Welcome to the Ex. I;m excited for you taking the first step quitting.  You may need to distance yourself from other vapers; at least temporarily.   Quitting an addiction can be scary.  After all we've smoked/vaped through every emotion and activity in our lives.  Approaching your quit one day at a time can help to alleviate those fears.

If you haven't done it yet, this is where to start.  Read material on the site to learn about nicotine addiction and to create a plan that prepares you for your quit.  These two steps have made difference for many quitters.  In addition, having the support of fellow quitters is a key component to be successful.  This link is a great place to start to identify your triggers, tools, new associations to create instead of vaping, etc.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Consider taking the Daily Pledge.  It's great way to stay on track one day at a time.

We're here to support you , so reach out anytime we can help.

Practice doing some deep breathing exercisers. 

Barbscloud_0-1655995963754.gif

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

Barbscloud

@eieio Yea, your quit date is here.   Remember, we're here to support you.

Barb

0 Kudos