cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Day 6 vape free

Hi everyone, I am on day 6 of quitting juul which is a vape. I have been using nicotine pouches to help ease the nicotine withdrawal but im still having very intense cravings. Will this get any easier? If so when? Any tips? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kimshine

@Meganmyers1213 Hi! Yes, it will get easier. How long it it'll take is different for all of us. It's horrible in the beginning,IMO. It took me a couple of months. I still crave psychologically and I am still triggered after a hundred days, but it is easier now to distract. 

It's going to take time. Keep it up!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Meganmyers1213 Welcome and congrats on your quit of 6 days.  If you haven't done so there's lots of great information, advice and support to help you.    It will get easier but it takes time for most of us.  You've eliminated lots of chemicals from your body so it's going to react.  Look at it as your body healing.

There's two aspects to this quit.  The physical and the psychological.  The physical is shorter but can be more intense.  The psychological usually lasts longer as we learn a new way of life without nicotine.  It will take time to learn new associations to replace vaping/smoking.   

If you haven't do so already there is great information on how-to at this link.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

We're here for you, so reach out it you need support.

Barb

Thank you it's good to hear that it gets easier with time. I wanted to give up a few times but i try to remember all of the reasons i am quitting and that helps a bit. 

Kimshine

That's what you need to keep in mind. Like Barb said, the psychological part of the addiction lasts longer and is the most difficult for me. 

It really will get easier with time.