cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Hdetmar

Day 5

The cravings are non stop, I cant think straight, kids are on my last nerve,  Im at work where I can smoke in my office,  but I cant because I quit. This has been 5 days of hell for me. As soon as I get home I eat dinner and go to bed at like 6:00pm just so I won't smoke. I want to smoke, I miss it and its only been 5 days! 

Tags (1)
9 Replies
Barbscloud

Congrats on 5 days.  What you're feeling is normal.  It's no surprise you would miss it, physically and psychologically.   Smoking has been  an integral part of our lives for many years.  Can you go for a walk at work?   If you need to sleep right now, that's ok.   It many not seem like it now, but it will get easier.

Barb

AnnetteMM

I say sleeping is the best thing for recovery! Hell week is almost over for you now so hang in there. Like Barb said it really does get better and it is SO worth it.

Go-You.png

YoungAtHeart

You are ALMOST past the most difficult part of the quit.  Stick with it and you will get closer and closer to the other side!  Giving in now will just mean you have to go through these days AGAIN.

Sleeping is fine  - eating chocolate ice cream is fine - do whatever it takes to get through these early days - one day at a time.

Nancy

prjimm01

take a deep breath like you never could before and remember that you have chosen to live - cravings will pass very soon.  Be of good spirit, we are with you.  NOPE my friend.  YOU DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE

MarilynH

How are you doing this evening Hdetmar?

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s

Congratulations on 5 Days Quit...sounds like you need some knowledge and preparation...please if you haven’t already, go read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX ....You need to be working on what you will do in place of smoking...ie., jumping jacks, clean every nook and cranny, drink lots of water, take the kids for a walk...etc., You have work to do in order to get through the tough cravings/triggers...take the time to read here and ask for support...You can do this...I know I was you 163 days ago...~ Colleen 

Andstillirise

You’re almost through the toughest time . I felt absolutely anxious and crazed at day 5 . You’re doing great . Try to stay distracted . The cravings will lessen soon . Don’t give in . You got this !!

babymonster

Hi, I can totally understand how you feel..  In my first 3 weeks, i literally on my bed most of the time when i got home.. Feeling lethargy always.. Is like my bed is my hideout and feel comfortable ( safe zone ). 

Today is my 46 days and feeling much better after 4 weeks for me... hang in there... take one day at a time.. Till today i still crave for it esp after a meal .. dinner time especially... but i just have to let it pass as i am really feeling better each day little by little.. got to be very patience to wait for our body to recover .. 

MarilynH

I thought I'd check in with you and see how you are doing this morning Hdetmar? Let us know if there's anything we can do to help because we're all here to help you in any way we can......

0 Kudos