cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JenDyer34

Day 4 of my quit voyage.

I am now at day 4 of my quit and yesterday afternoon I started the worst headache I have ever had.  I STILL have it.  Advil doesn't seem to do anything for it.  It feels like my brain is to big for my skull.  Throbbing pain.  Like labor contractions in my cranium.  Does anyone have any ideas for relief?  I am taking Zyban.  I'm trying not to do any nicotine replacement but starting to reconsider.  Can't sleep, don't want to eat, just hurts.  I was prepared for the mental anguish of withdrawals.  Edgy, shaky, grumpy.  I never thought there would be physical pain!

0 Kudos
16 Replies
TerrieQuit

Congratulations on day 4. Many of us suffer from headaches in the beginning of our quit. I hope yours clears up quickly! If they are a migraine headache, you may want to see your Dr. Quitting smoking usually will not cause a migraine. I like the info, Nancy YoungAtHeart  gave you, I have tried it and it worked for me.  ~Terrie~

0 Kudos
elvan

Hope you are feeling better today.  Thinking of you.

elvan

Haven't heard anything from you today, hope that does not mean that your headache is still with you.  You ARE being thought of!

TerrieQuit

Hello, How's your headache today? I hope you are feeling better. Please keep in touch and let us know how your quit is going!  ~Terrie~

0 Kudos
bonniebee

I know you wrote this 2 days ago but I am wondering how you are doing ? I thought of two things side affects from the Zyban ???  How long have you been on it ?

Also if you are a coffee drinker and have cut back on your coffee while quitting caffeine withdrawal can cause headaches .  

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/bupropion?sr=search&searchId=d64714ff-8983-4ad6-b304-ee82c...‌ group.  Perhaps someone else there taking zyban might have felt similar symptoms.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos