cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Rodonald

Day 21

So today was been my roughest day since quitting. I so just want to call in sick to work hit up the store for a drink and a dip. I need some words of encouragement because today is rough.

12 Replies
CrazyQuitter

What brought it on? Feel free to open up to us as much as you can so we can help you in more details.

you're on day 21! That is great! Keep up the good work! You're stronger than those cancer sticks so get those coping skills going. Maybe take up a new hobby or play a game on your phone. Do whatever it takes.

Rodonald

My sons school called today informing us that he is failing all of his classes and was also wrote up by a teacher for disrespecting her. Really frustrated because we try to be the best parents and it blows up in our faces. Just the stress from everything is adding up and meditation is not gonna work this time because I am having trouble calming my mind.

0 Kudos
CrazyQuitter

I totally understand the feelings of frustrations and can easily dig up all those old urges of lighting up. Have you considered self Hypnosis By Glen Harold? Might help you relax for the next two weeks. There is also binaural beats, which works after 20mins to 90mins of listening. There is also basic yoga. Be strong. You accomplished 21 days. Just get through just today. It gets easier as time goes on. Please keep coming onto the site. We are all here for you!

Rodonald, I have two girls snd my younger one, when before she went off to college was a big trouble maker. I would get so many phone calls from school that when they called I would say “what did she do now?!” I’m not saying to ignore it and it will pass, but it or not, they do outgrow it. When my daughter made it to college, she matured like those days of bullying and sassiness never happened. Matter of fact, we laugh about it now. Obviously, you’ll need to deal with your son’s behavior but don’t think it’s end of the world and that he’s headed to be a delinquent in the future. So not true! 
Don’t give up your precious quit. It will also be a life lesson to your son. 

0 Kudos
Sootie

So glad you came here to ask for some help.................

Concerns about children can be so frustrating and there is never really any "quick fix".....I "get" the stress

But here's a question......how will smoking help this problem? It won't. As a matter of fact, it will make it worse. Cigarettes actual increase our stress rather than decrease it even though the addiction tries to fool you otherwise.

Take some deep breaths and maybe take a walk and think over what are some ways that will help your son with the school issues. Smoking won't

Stay Strong

Giulia

I hope you didn't call in sick and went to work and pushed off the crazy-making thoughts and kept your fabulous 21 dip free day.  Oooooh, three whole beautiful weeks.  Hold onto it.  And if you didn't, get right back on it.  

Because you child doesn't take your advice and follow your lead doesn't mean it's YOUR fault.  You probably ARE the best parents.  You probably ARE setting the right example.  They are also responsible for their own actions.  So don't just blame yourself.  Ok?!  We all make mistakes.  Parents too.  Just keep trying to find the best way you can to reach and teach your kid.  If one way doesn't work, try another.  But drinking and dipping will provide nothing except a disappointment in yourself and a bad example for him.  Kudos on the 21 days.  Try to hang onto it.  It will make you happier than if you don't.

0 Kudos
elvan

Don’t blame yourself, see if you can CALMLY talk to your son & ask him what’s going on. He may or may not answer you honestly. Our son had been a straight A student until high school & then he didn't want to go & kept coming up with one illness after another. He wouldn’t do his assignments & he was clearly very depressed. In his case, he was experiencing ADHD & we never knew which came first, the ADHD or the depression. He is in his 30’s now & still has significant trouble focusing. Just a thought.

Ellen

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Rodonald Nico wants you back...you have fought hard for 21 days ... don’t let him get you...remember it will pass ... start chewing on a piece of mint gum and savor the flavor...remember the more you say NO to the craves...you get stronger and Nico gets weaker...I hope you made it through because often the next day is better...wishing today a better one for you ... Happy Friday ~ Colleen 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

A little late, but hope you didn't call off work.   You have a solid 21 days to be proud off.  Other people and things are always going to pull at us to smoke again.  It can be hard, but you're doing it one day at a time.

Barb

0 Kudos