cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

AllieAllerson

Day 1 of quitting Juul cold turkey

I have been smoking at least a pod a day since a year ago. I lost a good friend to suicide and as silly as it sounds, vaping at work and at home where no one would know, was really helpful. That little rush of nicotine gave me comfort nothing else did. Now that it has been almost one year and after reading several horror stories I see about the Juul I decided to stop. I wanted to ask if anyone else who has attempted to quit this thing cold turkey has experienced chest pain or pain around the lungs? At first I felt a tightness in my throat but now that it has been about 19 hours since I took my last puff I feel I can't get a deep breath in due to tightness and pain. I am hoping this is all in my head and it's some form of my anxiety but I am also worried I have done serious damage to my lungs and need to go to the ER. Any advice would be appreciated. 

34 Replies
AllieAllerson

Thank you Giulia

0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome to EX, sorry you have been struggling, you have gotten great advice here already and there is nothing I can possibly add to it that would help.  It really is important to remember that this is an addiction and recovery is one day at a time.  It is not easy but it gets easier...now, shut down those nicotine receptors.  Expect a full blown tantrum from them but remember that YOU can do this and we all very much want to help you succeed.

Ellen

AllieAllerson

Haha thank you Ellen and tantrum made me laugh but it is so accurate!! Thank you for the laugh and the support. I am starting over today with no cigarettes- had a relapse but am moving forward and onward.  

PrimeNumberJD

So glad to see you back in the fight AllieAllerson‌! You got those, remember to keep the Sexy Exers close!

elvan

Good for you, remember, you can give those receptors a "time out," it really does get easier. I am proud of you for getting up and dusting yourself off and going right at your quit again.

Ellen