cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jo1234

Day 1 check in

Today she's my quit day. What's really surprising to me is that I crave the e-cigarettes more than I do regular cigarettes. I think this is because I could take just a short puff of e-cigarette practically anywhere and that would satisfy me. After smoking for 55 years I figured it's way past time to quit. I  am enthusiastic about it this time around. Finding things to keep me occupied and smoke-free. Especially browsing this site and doing some painting .

29 Replies
sweetplt

Yes Jo1234 it follows either a person you are following...or if you posted to your’s or their blog...just play around with it...and see...let me know what you figure out...I am not that computer savvy...sorry ...

0 Kudos
Jo1234

I'm not computer savvy either. LOL 

0 Kudos
stAn3

Congratulations! Good job! Keep posting!

Jo1234

Will do!!

0 Kudos
marciem

Welcome to your first days of freedom from nicotine, Jo1234‌!!  It sounds like you have done some of your homework (getting rid of smokinig/vaping materials) and have a positive enthusiastic mindset... these will take you very far on the journey ahead!!  Nancy YoungAtHeart‌ has given you lots of homework  and great food for thought, I don't have much to add to what's already been said but I wanted to welcome you.

I do have a question... you say you are quitting vaping now but you smoked for 55 years... can you clarify the progression?  Did you switch to vaping to try to quit smoking, or what made you pick up the ecigs?  (since I know you haven't been vaping 55 years LOL!) 

Anways, 

Jo1234

Marcium, I started using the e cigarettes about a year ago. Mainly because of the social stigma of cigarettes. I knew that regular cigarettes left me smelling like an ashtray. Plus I could sneak into the bathroom for a quick puff. So I threw it away because it is too easy to vape and too much like smoking 

Mandolinrain

So glad you found us. Sorry I am late welcoming you here , but we are all here for you

0 Kudos
Jo1234

No worries. I plan  to be on here a lot over the course of my quit

elvan

Welcome to EX, you sound like you have a GREAT attitude and that will take you far.  You are right, YoungAtHeart‌ gives wonderful advice, you can't go wrong.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Jo1234

I've gotten great advice from all of you. 

0 Kudos