cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

melissa119

Day 1 and hopeful

Hi everyone,

I am 28 and have been smoking since I was 13.  I decided to quit smoking a few days ago, and this is officially day 1 of my mission to kick the habit for good.  I stumbled upon this website and feel this place is an excellent tool to keep myself focused on my goal.  Hopeful, but still scared I am not gonig to set a "quite date" just yet.  Still need to get my bearings, its a rough start LOL.  Over the last year and a half I have made some lifestyle changes that include working out, dancing and just being active to improve my health and overall appearance.  Thus...smoking has got to go! 

I'm tired of smelling like an ashtray, of coughing and hacking, and feeling like my lungs are going to explode when I hit the gym and just plain P!$$@& off that this stupid little cancer stick has this much control over me.  So, I'm finally ready to do something about it.  It's going to be a long road, and hopefully the ones I love will stear clear for a while if they value their life:-)   Sheesshhh! Whoa, I feel better already.  Thanks for letting me vent.  Can you tell I'm cranky?

0 Kudos
0 Replies