cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

angel6

Curious about chantix -

I would like to hear from real people about thier experiences with chantix.
I am seriously considering the med, but there is so much controversy.

My quit date is July 7. I want to succeed this time.!
0 Kudos
26 Replies

Amen !!! {:>)
0 Kudos
dgs

Hi Angel, I did the Chantix thing almost one year ago. I wish I would have tried harder cause it really diminished the cravings. Unfortunately the Dr. told me in advance that it would make me really sick if I mixed nicotine with medication after mixing the medicine and nicotine in my system and then quitting the nicotine. After the first day I decided to sneak a smoke...well, to make a long (unsuccessful) story short, the Chantix really turned me off of coffee/creamer while I was on it, but didn't work as good as I had hoped on the smoking! Now I have resumed both and want to get rid of the smokes once and for all! Maybe I'll try with you on your quit date! Still have some time to make good preparations!!! mail back if you get a chance! Debby
0 Kudos
krystlewing

Hi Deb, you offer some great advice! If soemone has the personality where they can use tricks like that on themselves and have it work, like you and I can...more power to them! Hugs, Krystle Wing
0 Kudos
susie3

Hi, I quit using chantix and I would highly recommend it. I did not have any adverse side effects, I learned when to take it so it would not upset my stomach (which is the #1 side effect). I took it about 45 after eating instead of with my meal or directly after since that time made me feel bloated. Good Luck!! I hope it works as well for you as it did for me.
0 Kudos
kathy26

I was on chantix and did well it helped me to stop by ahwile anyway. The reason I went off was because I was gaining a lot of weight so I stopped taking the medicene and went back to smoking and lost the weight. Not a good move I know. I lost 60 lbs over the last 1 1/2 and that is one of my main reasons I am having a hard time to stop smoking. Instead of picking up a cig I pick up food. I wish luck with your start date of July 7th. I am sure if you are ready that chantix will help you.
0 Kudos
david37

Chantix - GOING ON 10days now no side effects so far Quit Date (june 25 2008)No smokes so far .Started the 2 week dose GOING ON 3 DAYS .
0 Kudos
deanna2

3 days yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy keep up the good work!! stay focus!! . im on day 16 smoke free
0 Kudos