cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anna20

Community Help

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of my new friends here at Ex! I hope that everyone who wants to be smoke free in 2009 will succeed.

Anna
0 Kudos
183 Replies
cory7

Admin, the past 2 days, "my page" isn't working correctly. would you please look at it and correct the problem? thank you.
0 Kudos
peter-s.

Hi Cory & Debra, It doesn't seem that this is the page to visit to find answers.
  I suggest you try an active "Group". Go click on the main page and see
  who is talking. We all want good strong quits here. Try me back if you don't
  get answers or results elsewhere. Good luck with your quits ! ~ Peter
0 Kudos
kristen14

0 Kudos
jadensnana

I just found y'all. Thank you for putting up something that will help us figure out what to do.

0 Kudos
marie23

Hi , Can anyone help me? my page only has 2 links under my pic on the left side. I am noticing more options on other pages. I wonder if they are under the about me. I did not put that there it was here when I signed on. I can not fiqure out how to move it so I can see if the missing link are under it. Thanks for you time in advanve

0 Kudos
Giulia

Hey everybody - I think it would be wise if we all post what we learn about the technical aspects of the change from the old site to this new one in one central location.  And that place might as well be HERE, since it's already set up. 

Right now I think people are putting info in different blogs and so what I'm gonna do, if I come across something, is just copy and paste it in here.  (Hope nobody minds.)  Such as the following: 

When accepting a friend request

November 18, 2009 Comments (2)

Send a message   Add friend   View Carenda's Blog

I am learning by trial and error.  On the old site when a person requested your friendship, the person being asked had to accept the friendship by clicking accept.  On this new site.  When someone request your friendship, you must go to their page and click also to request their friendship so that their picture will show in the friends list.  I hope that makes sense.  LoL

Yes maam... you can be on a number of others friends lists and not even know it. We are not even notified when someone adds us to their friends list. But we can see who has us on their list... Up towards the top of your page, just under your avitar picture you can click on two different links. One is your friends list and it shows everyone you have added to your list... the other is your friends OF list and it shows all of the other members who have you on their friends list.

I'm trying to remember to check it out because if a new friend has added me I simply won't know that they are wanting my support of I don't periodically check that Friends Of list...

0 Kudos

When you want to post an image on QPC party using "photo bucket" use the direct link.  But when you are posting an image on someone's message blog use the html code.  Also, seems like photo bucket is the only one I've seen so far with the "direct link".  Using the other comments, you get extra stuff (so to speak).  Has anyone figured out how to use other comment cites to post an image on QPC party? 

0 Kudos
Giulia

1) Click "my page" to get to your page.

2) Click "Edit Page" in the upper right corner.

3) You will see a Widget Gallery on the right and three columns to the left.

4) Drag stuff from the Widget Gallery to one of the three columns. You have to click the item on the four arrows (fight side of the item) and drag it. Friends. Groups. Blogs, Discussion is the comments from the old boards, but they are broken for new posting right now.

5) Column 3 will appear to the right of your profile. The other two columns will be below your profile. Maybe WAY below -- I have to scroll down to find them. It may not let you drag stuff to every column. I'm still trying to figure all that stuff out. It's funky..and I don't mean the good George Clinton P-Funk kind!

6) You have to hit SAVE when you are done dragging stuff to save your changes.

hwc 11 days ago

About your friends...click on the "edit" on the right side of where it shows the pics of your friends. There you can pick it to show 100 friends if you want. Also, if you click where it says "Friends" up below your picture, it will show all your friends.'

Sylvia Deitz 11 days ago

OK, when I put my blog in the right column, all the stuff in the left and middle columns appeared way down the page. When I put the blog in the left column, everything appeared immediately below my profile.

WARNING: You cannot embed YouTube videos here. Any that have transferred over are still there, but if you delete them (or replace them at a smaller size) they will probably be gone forever.

hwc 11 days ago

0 Kudos
Giulia

Carenda 12 hours ago

..If you are using photobucket to post at the QPC party, you have to use the "direct link" code. When you post on the message bd, use the regular html code.

0 Kudos
Giulia

"I do not know if this will go through or not, but I have tried to post messages on message boards and send messages through the inbox.  I am unable to do so"

"Don't post on the page that is only a persons message board. Instead go all the way to their page and post on the message board there and the words show up - instead of the blank postings you get the other way. Pass that on to anyonw who'll listen cuz I keep getting blank messages too,lol. I have alerted the admins to it but I haven't heard back. Feel free to point this glitch  out to them too.

As for the pictures in the groups...

Just above the comment box there are some options from which to choose. You can Bold the text or underline there. Well, there's an "image" link there too. Just hover your mouse over it and it'll say Image - it's the far left icon. Copy the photobucket code for a "direct link" and paste it in the URL box there. Then click OK.

I think it works on both the Image Info tab as well as the Link tab (**EDIT... I checked and I think this is wrong.. I think it's only works in the first "Image Info" tab. I haven't tried any of the other photobucket codes since that seemed to work for me...

It's this way in the blogs too... I recommend that we just look for that image link and if it exsists wherever we're wanting to post I think we will need to use that."

ckoalaco 3 days ago

0 Kudos