cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

heather30

Coming back after relapse

Hi everyone -

I've been here before but long ago. My quit date is July 3. I just recently relapsed. I tried chantix and it worked but I had some pretty bad side effects. After just a couple of days off the chantix I started smoking again. I should have/could have put a patch on but I guess I wanted to give myself that excuse to smoke. Now I have those guilty feelings about doing that and really wish I hadn't. I thought I probably need to do an over haul on my plan and tools, which is why I've come back. I need a support forum to connect to people and it helps keep me in check. So here I am and I'm going to be out here everyday now. That's part of my tool box - I'm also going to come out here in the morning first thing as that is when my cravings are the worse. I figure if I come out here and read a little bit and do the pledge that should start my morning off much better than trying to while knuckle my way through it.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
edith2

It took my four tries to finally quit. After my last relapse, it took me 30 years to quit again. So I commend you for coming back when you did and I'm cheering you on for this quit! If I make it to July 17th, I'll have 5 years. I think my chances are good.
0 Kudos
lynne-welke

Hi Heather-I screwed up too. M quit day was July 5th. I heard that Chantex is being taken off the market because of dangerous side efects. I will be putting on a patch or going cold turkey-in any event, I am going to start the whole process all ovr, I thought I had it nailed. I am totally embarassed-all my work peope think I will be cming to work today smoke free.
0 Kudos
heather30

I actually quit on the 4th and I'm doing ok so far. I'm using the lozenge or gum depending on my mood 🙂 My doc and I found out that there are drug interactions to one of the medications I'm on so I wasn't able to use the patch. But that's ok because the lozenges/gum are working for me. Coming out to the forum really helps too.
0 Kudos
mike-mennit

Mike
0 Kudos

I had a relapse about a month ago , but I am back at it . My last cigarette was yesterday at 6pm. I do have the lozenges, but I still feel like I will lose my mind!! I can use any support out there. I am alone most fo the time which doesn't help the situation much. I do not really have anyone to talk to either.
0 Kudos