cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

little-hess

Cold cut turkey sandwhich with a side of satisfaction.

Today marks my first week.  A friend even asked me to pick a pack of smokes up for her before I got to work.  I have little aspiration to light up, for the past week would have been a waste.  I'm going for my first run after I write this, wish me luck!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dawn37

Little Hess..that is awesome. I saw your post from last weeks sometime..how are you feeling..your lungs still hurt? I am on day 11 right now & 2 todays ago my lungs hurt when I took a deep breath. They are fine now..let me know how it is going.. stay strong! & keep on running! You can do this.....you can..

0 Kudos
cathi4

You go! Congrats to you. You should be very proud!

0 Kudos
coldturkey2

MOST ENCOURAGING THING I'VE HEARD YET.  I FOUND THIS SITE 4:30 AM TODAY AS I WAS GOING INTO MY 3RD DAY.  BY FAR THE WORST, THOUGH I WAS LAUGHING WHEN I READ ABOUT THE WEIRD SYMPTOMS.  I WAS RIGHT THERE AND HAVE BEEN THERE ALL DAY.  I'M COLD TURKEY AND IT'S MY 1ST REAL ATTEMPT TO QUIT IN MY LIFE.  I'M A STRESS BALL SO I CHAIN SMOKE WHEN I'M NOT AT WORK AND HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 35 YEARS.

I HONESTLY COULDN'T TYPE THIS AM BECAUSE MY BODY WAS BETRAYING ME.  BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE

0 Kudos