cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pawr

Circulation

I am curious about how quitting can improve circulation. 

6 Replies
beazel

Nicotine harms the insides of the blood vessels and reduces the amount of oxygen the heart receives. After you stop putting those chemicals in your body those blood vessels will start to repair themselves.

Carbon monoxide replaces oxygen in the blood cells making it so your heart is not getting enough blood. Once the carbon monoxide is gone there is more oxygen in your body.

indingrl

go to whyquit.com-Joels library-Educate yourself by READING tons or WATCH video on NICOTINE and SOLUTIONS to STAY quit for you Pawr-love you and remember please-NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF EVER-1 day at a time. Thank you.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I also found this:  Holy Smoke! 15 Surprising Benefits of Quitting Smoking . Seems improvement in circulations starts within DAYS of quitting!

Keep going - the benefits just keep multiplying!

jconfusion

well after awhile it gets easier to breath so maybe you can go for more walks too exercise definitely helps circulation!

0 Kudos
ranjitthewolf

Im back here after 1.5 years of not taking a drag. I actually cannot even believe that i completed 1.5 years without smoking. I am a regular gym goer now. Every morning i get up at 4 and run  trying to bring my run time lower each day. I started at 45 minutes to 5 km before i quit to today morning i ran 24 minutes to 5 km. My leg muscles are much more developed now. And i just released i could hold my breath for more than 2 mins and 15 seconds. I used to barely hold my breath for 30 seconds before i quit. So yes. the quit journey is challenging, There is no question about that. But you will definitely come out stronger on the other side.

YoungAtHeart

A RANJI sighting!  How COOL!!

So happy to see you, and happier still to hear how healthy and loving life you are!

May you continue to be blessed in the New Year!

Nancy