cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kris13

Changed my quit date

Hi all,
I had a quit date of last week, and have now re-set, after a set back, today--it's been 6 hours now, and I'm doing better than I thought!! Any words of encouragement for when the stress of work comes tomorrow, though??
Oh--and anyone need a quit buddy, cuz I do!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

I'm on here all the time. The whole seperation thing is going to save my life. And I'm sure it can change yours too! Hit me up anytime!

I have been quit for 3 Days, 21 hours, 26 minutes and 13 seconds (3 days). I have saved $13.62 by not smoking 77 cigarettes. I have saved 6 hours and 25 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/19/2008 1:33 AM
0 Kudos
kris13

Thanks!! I'll remember to keep the separation piece in mind--and lemme add you as a friend, so I don't lose track of ya, since you've been really successful!!
0 Kudos
kim38

Congratulations Justin! Do you have any plans for the money you save -- to reward yourself? Today is day one for me. I will be all jumping around happy by day 3 and 21 hours.
0 Kudos
kris13

Good luck, Kim, this is my first day, too!! We can do it!! Let's stay in touch with each other!
0 Kudos
kim38

Thanks for the response. I was hoping to find someone on the same quit day as me!! How are you doing so far?
0 Kudos
kris13

Hey there, I'm doing okay, how about you? Tired from withdrawal I think, but after I stay in touch with everyone when I get off work, I'll crash. Your timing was excellent, since I just ate lunch and food is a trigger. But I'm rockin' it with the Commits, and it's going okay!! I plan to use the money to buy a school ring for my master's--worked hard for that! How about you, any plans? And is the date significant? Not for me, but I just wanted to start!
Well, hang in there, and we'll stay in touch today--my internet @ work is slow, so if I don't respond till this evening, that's why.
Talk to ya soon!! We're doing great!!
0 Kudos
kim38

Your time is very good. I just went to lunch and am about to die. It's almost like my stomache actually hurts. No significance in the date for me either, I just thought that if I started on a Friday before a three day weekend it would lessen the blow of getting through the first 4 days and only having to be at work for one of them. If I am successful, I plan to treat myself to an ipod and all the works that go with it. Congrats on the masters. Question -- do you occasionally feel dizzy yet today?
0 Kudos
kris13

Absolutely, I've been dizzy--just walked into the wall, even!! I think the trick is to get up slowly--because our blood pressure is dropping now (mine was low to begin with pre tobacco.) That's why I picked this date, too!!! An ipod sounds nice, too--I'm gonna join a gym this weekend, I hope.
And not IF you are successful, WHEN. 🙂 You can do this! You're not alone, someone else gets it! 🙂 That's what's been helping me get through today. Just one craving at a time, girly! We can!
0 Kudos
kim38

Thanks for the tip about the dizziness also. I have been wondering why I felt this way. Are you using any type of medication or aid? Joining a gym sounds like a good idea and it probably wouldn't hurt me either. Honestly though, the only thing I can think about doing right now is sleeping. I just want to go sleep through this.
0 Kudos