cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Miss-Glo

Cessation Journey Since COVID

I lost my grandma November 2020. She had lung cancer from smoking cigarettes, but she beat that. By 2020, she was 5 years in remission, but @ 78 her lungs couldn't stand COVID. I've ready leading studies that suggest, smoking is still high ranked for being a major result of lung cancer in the United States. However, during everything which is NOT an excuse, I started smoking again. It's a struggle, I've been smoking 20 years and I am 43. My grandma said before she died; "we'll (I have other family members that smoke) all wish we had stopped smoking." My grandma's struggles should be the example I need to quit and I know I want to quit (the dedication to cessation is not there). So, I've been a member of the ExTeam since 2013, I've been gone for a few years, but I know this is a supportive community and I like to reach out to the community to hear others stories. Quitting is not easy, it's a day by day journey, but the ExTeam is like coming back home when you're ready to quit, need support, have questions, need answers, or need smoking cessation resources. Thanks ExTeam! 

Labels (1)
11 Replies

How are you doing, Miss Glo

Miss-Glo

Thank you for asking, I'm at work (a lot on my mind), but I'm thinking positive. Planning my quit date for these cigarettes. I don't know when that will be, but I'm planning. How are you?