cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JustinHoot99

Casual Observation

So tomorrow is day 13.  Should I be nervous because 13 is traditionally called an unlucky number?  Just kidding of course, I believe in chance and statistics, but not luck.  Just another day.  If anything the day after the 13th has more to fear than the 13th.  On the 13th, I'm excited cause I'm almost to one of the those incredibly mile marker dates: 2 weeks.  I'm upbeat and nothing on the 13th is gonna stop me from getting to the 2wk mile marker with only one day to go.  Now the 14th day of not smoking, that would be the better day to worry, or at least be prepared for.  That is the day my subconscious will say "You know you miss cigarettes and you've done so well.  You are obviously in control now and certainly deserve a reward.  It would be so easy for you to buy a pack and take on your nightly hike.  Maybe smoke 5 or 6, then throw them away.  You could then decide if and when you want to have one gain, maybe go a month this time."  
The subconscious can be very seductive.  I must remember though I've given in to that offer so many times in the past.  My logic side knows full well that 1 = All and that all gains made over the past 2 weeks will have been wiped out the instant I have the first puff.  For an addict, you are using, or you are not using.  I choose to not be using.  

Labels (1)
2 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You're on to day 14. Congrats!

EX Community Admin Team
MarilynH

A super congrats on your precious quit journey @JustinHoot99 YAY for 14 splendiferous Smokefree days and counting WTG YAY for each and every Day WON YAY for giving ourselves the GIFT OF LIFE. 🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉