cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dudley87

Can we talk about weight gain?

I’m 6 weeks smoke free and the last two weeks... binge eating! It’s awful! Someone give me suggestions or ideas. I’m working but I want food all day and not the good stuff. Help! 

Labels (1)
42 Replies
dudley87

Omg what great advice!!! Thank you!! I will try that as well! I like the berry idea 

0 Kudos
indingrl

NO worries it will pass - I ate n ate in the beginning missing the WHITE SUGAR they used in the cigarette paper rolled around MY drug NICOTINE - I ate ALOT of celery - it is the hand to mouth fetish I SUCKED ON DEATH STICKS FOR 38 YEARS so I had to LEARN NEW hand to mouth SKILLS by lifting HEALTHY snacks to put in MY pie hole - applesauce with cinnamon - carrots and celery n apples I slice and put fresh squeezed lemon juice on and cuties which are small oranges - I drank tons of water - long story short I am 225 pounds and a NON SMOKER for 10 YEARS now and I just recently gave up DESSERTS since January 21 2021 - lost 5 pounds in 6 DAYS any way - YOU will be OK it takes TIME getting a NEW mindset and having HEALTHY snacks ready NO worries YOU will STAY A NON SMOKER and YOU will gather your QUIT TOOLS that work for YOU

dudley87

Hey thank you! And congrats to you too! 

indingrl

Awe your welcome and I am glad I am NOT alone in MY struggles with staying a non smoker and making HEALTHY food choices

dudley87

Hey where are you from? I saw you were native. Hello hello native friend! I am as well Native American 

elvan

dudley87‌ lf you want to be sure that indingrl‌ gets your message, you need to tag her by @mentioning her. Click the @ key and then start to type her user name. A drop down menu should come up with names, select the one you want & write your message. I am sure she would LOVE to hear from you.

How is the weight thing going? I ate Sour Patch kids because they distracted me from craves & l also ate frozen fruit: cherries, blueberries, strawberries. I kept a dish with a spoon next to the computer so l could snack away.

Ellen

dudley87

Thank you so much for that tip! I’m like why didn’t she write me back hahaha. I’m figuring out this site yet. I’m not eating half as bad anymore! Omg my appetite was so heavy. It’s definitely gone down. Stopped chewing the gum and you’re right. When I do get hungry, I switched to cheese and yogurt that way I can get a little protein to hold me over. Ooo sour patch sounds yummy, might have to take you up on that! 

sweetplt

Congratulations on 6 months of Freedom...super job dudley87 super quit...I have no advice about the binge eating...I tried so hard not to replace smoking with eating...that was me...I do know you can’t get to obsessed with both, but at some point you will have to look at your food choices ... for now quitting smoking is the number one priority...~ Colleen 805 DOF 

dudley87

Thank you! It is six weeks! So it’s like beginners weight gain hahaha 

sweetplt

Oh then 6 weeks is super too...and yes beginners weight gain...