Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Can I get free chewing gum to quit and patches under Medicare

Can I get free chewing gum to quit and patches Under Medicare 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

You can get them FREE from your states quit smoking program.

0 Kudos
Barbara145

I don't think you can get them with Medicare.  They are over the counter.  Try calling  1 800 Quit Now.  Congrats on your decision to quit smoking.

Barbscloud

@Quitsmoking4gud  If you have prescription drug coverage under Medicare there are some quit aids that do require a doctors prescription.   Chantix, Welbutrin and nicotrol inhalers. 

Barb

JACKIE1-25-15

Medicare will also cover prescription drugs to help you quit smoking through the Part D prescription.... Medicare will not cover nicotine patches, gum or other over-the-counter treatments to quit smoking,  It will also not cover hypnosis.

reference. https://justcareusa.org/ready-to-quit-smoking-medicare-will-help-you/#:~:text=Medicare%20will%20not%....

0 Kudos

Nevermind I called the tobacco help line they’re sending me patches and gum for free To help me quit smoking

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Quitsmoking4gud  That's great!

Barb

0 Kudos

remember they are an aid. They won't quit for you and if you're popping a piece of gum every time you would have smoked, are you really disconnecting?  In the scheme of things, you will learn the ritual of smoking is 9 times more ingrained than the physical addiction.

I hope they asked you how many cigarettes you were smoking a day in order to give you the correct patch. 

0 Kudos