cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cousin-Itt

CURIOSITY

Just wondering how many of us have and wear masks in public.  I started wearing one last Saturday when we went to pick up groceries I had it on when I got out of the car to open and close the hatch

Just to make it a little interesting maybe you can share a picture of you wearing it.

amish.jpg

62 Replies
Giulia

I have zero sewing skills but managed to make that mask and another one today,  where I broke the needle just trying to go through a couple of too thick folds.  Either I have a bad machine with no strength to put a needle through a couple of layers, or it was a dull needle OR, which is what I suspect - the needle is going through and hitting against either the bobbin or something else, because it sounds like it hitting against something -  and I don't know how to adjust it.   But that's not enough to stop me.  YET!   I'm going to start working on a different version tomorrow.  Pleated no less.  Hey, let's make it even MORE difficult!   If I can  sew, ANYBODY can.  Quitting has taught me that I can accept ANYTHING.  Broken needles, broken threads, wrong, mis-sized directions... I accept the journey.  Because I want to figure it out and succeed at it.  I also accept that it's GOING TO BE HELLISH!  lol  And that's okay.  Everything really becomes so much easier when we simply accept the journey - however which way it goes.  

This is next version I'm trying:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QrW4zIjMwY&list=RDCMUC5ORwD3dMc8uzqfesaNKdoA&start_radio=1&t=126

Daniela2016

Everybody looks wonderful, here is another one...

Facemask.jpg

Swanbird

I took a short sleeve t-shirt and cut the sleeves off.  I wear that around but when I am at the grocery store I wear a real one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just arrived .

And now I'm 

SuzyQ411

Haha Maki‌.....P.S. Your mask is lovely!!!

laughing zebra.jpg

Giulia

Great mask.  I'm in the process of trying to make that pattern right now.

SuzyQ411

Get out the wine for Giulia‌, everyone....

Giulia

crying with laughter emoticon  You just cracked me up good, Ms. Suzy!

SuzyQ411

Here ya go.... wine glass.jpg

0 Kudos
elvan

You look GREAT!

0 Kudos