cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

whalenda

Bupropion - Anxious

First I would like to introduce myself, I am new to this. My name is Donna and I have a quit date set for this Friday Dec. 1st. I do have a question for those who may have used bupropion.  I started last Friday and I seem to be very anxious and unable to focus.  If you experienced this what helped you if anything and can I expect this to go away after a period of time.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Stay close and blog, blog and blog some more.  Let us know how you're doing.  We will be with you every step of the way!

Nancy

elvan

Get EXCITED, that new life is going to be better than you ever imagined.  DO listen to YoungAtHeart‌ and stay close to the site.

Ellen

0 Kudos
darnPainter

Wahlenda my name is John I have been on that drug since November 9. I did have periods of  anxiety and restlessness. I also got sores in my mouth. Sleep was only slightly interrupted at first and soon leveled off. My smoking began to decrease a little more each day until I was smoking something like 3-4 cigs a day - from 30 to 40 a day is huge for me. I was having cravings bad and would light up, and realize I really didn't want it and put it out. They started to taste like burning plastic, especially if I exhaled through my nose. YUK!! But i still craved for days. I was ambivalent about setting a quit date until a friend told me I was not going to quit unless I committed. So I got mad at her and hung up the phone. The EFFING truth hurts. LOL!  20 minutes later I called to apologize and admitted that was one of the reasons for past failure.  She was calling me out on the carpet, (we addicts need that from time to time)

People are effected by symptoms differently. For me they were mild, but totally worth it. I experience a bit of fatigue now only. 

Anyway, I kept buying one pack every 3 days and taking little puffs here and there and as long as I kept doing that I WASN'T GOING TO QUIT. I finally set a date on this site for November 16th. On the 15th before bed I threw away the remaining cigs. Today I have 15 days of freedom. The drug is still in my system 300mg daily for 180 days, I think 6 months. I'm very committed to this one day at a time and I promised my self I would go to any length for victory over this insidious disease. So stay close to this site and good Luck- ask the spirit of the universe, or God, or whatever for help If you believe in that sort of thing. We are the only thing standing in the way of our success. I stepped out of the way and tuned into the infinite.    

MarilynH

Welcome to the site stay close and read everything you can about quitting smoking and remaining quit because there's a weath of information right here to strenghten your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb and start living a life of Freedom, Quitting smoking is definetly difficult but very Doable and we are here to help any way we can.

0 Kudos
Sandy-9-17-17

Hi Wahlenda..... what a great choice you have made for yourself to become a quitter.  December 1, what a great day to quit!  A huge welcome to the best support site you could have ever found.  Everyone here,  are  great and supportive, and non judgemental.  Try to do all the things they offer here, it will truly be aid in your quit! 

I too used Wellbutrin, and you're right about it making them smell bad, but I also found it made them taste bad.  I used this for a little over a month, and decided I no longer needed the help that it offered me in the beginning. 

It gave me an euphoric feeling at first, but it subsided after day 3.  

My advice, take it or leave it,  stay on the med for as long as you possibly can, and wean yourself off of it when ready, not just stop taking it all of a sudden. 

Everyone will be looking forward to seeing you around and posting your successes along the way.  Welcome to EX!

Sandy

75 Glorious DOF

0 Kudos
darnPainter

I'm with you today Wahlenda. In thoughts and prayers. Break the day into increments of hours or minutes If need be. And remember, your NOT LOSING ANYTHING. Drink lots o water, and don't forget to breath deep often today. If I could do it, I know you can do it. Your giving me strength that reenforces my Quit today. Those cravings are just little thoughts that pass by like clouds in the sky. Don't believe their lies.

John. 

0 Kudos
whalenda

Thanks darnPainter, so far so good. I got up about 2.5 hours ago, changed up my routine, made myself a good breakfast. Avoiding two of my triggers coffee, and sitting in the recliner. Plans today include going to the mall to shop with a friend, pick-up a few groceries and put gas in the tank. Trying to keep busy and avoid my triggers. 

Sandy-9-17-17

Going to tell you right now, so you hopefully don't get plagued with it, your digestive system will take a hit like it has many here, so please start taking care now to keep your digestive track working properly!  Walking is a good exercise, Magnesium, and Vitamin C, and whatever you do, don't let it tell you that smoking will help you feel better.  As it is smoking that caused this to begin with.  Lots of water!  You can do this, day by day, minute by minute!  

YoungAtHeart

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your healthy life!

How is it going?  Remember to stay busy, take slow/deep breaths for any difficult moments, and stay in touch!

Nancy

0 Kudos
whalenda

So far so good. Started my day by changing  my morning routine avoiding two triggers this morning. Coffee and the recliner.  My friend who is my go to person for support suggested we go shopping at the mall.  Then I have a few errands to run. I have to plan for this evening as well.