cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

whalenda

Bupropion - Anxious

First I would like to introduce myself, I am new to this. My name is Donna and I have a quit date set for this Friday Dec. 1st. I do have a question for those who may have used bupropion.  I started last Friday and I seem to be very anxious and unable to focus.  If you experienced this what helped you if anything and can I expect this to go away after a period of time.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
elvan

Good for you, going to the mall provides a LOT of distraction AND you CAN'T smoke there.  Walking is good for you...and do pay attention to Sandy-9-17-17‌'s advice.  Our digestive systems slow to a crawl when we quit.

Remember, we're here.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

Good Luck today Donna Congrats on the start of your Journey and I hope you are have some success shopping!  I found my evenings were my biggest challenges and I am sure you are ready for what may come!  Share with us when you can and reach out when you need a hand. 

Stay Strong and Embrace the Journey

Darren

indingrl

Welcome and congrats on your joy filled new nicotine life! 

0 Kudos
minihorses

So how did your first day being quit go? You may or may not have stormy seas ahead although I hope you don't. The first few weeks are like climbing a mountain. It's got a nice easy path for a short while until you get to the rocks at the beginning of the mountain. The mountain also has some tumbling rocks (cravings, withdrawals, emotions, other non supportive people, etc.) so you're afraid to start climbing but you really want to see the view from the top. It's a steep climb and you may have some rocks fall from under your feet but you know if you can hang on tight with your hands the next foot hold should be close by. We are all here for you to be a foothold. As you keep climbing towards the top the rocks slowly stop falling and the grade of the mountain starts to be less severe.  If you keep hiking, even if you take a misstep along the journey you keep walking and be more careful of holes and traps. Beyond that, a path is near and although the path is steep you probably won't have to use your hands. After a while you may get tired of the hike and may want to turn around and go back down but you made it this far and you've been told the view from the top is so beautiful you really want to see it so you keep going. The path starts to even out and is much more easy to walk along. The apex of the mountain is visible and every step toward it brings more excitement because you're getting closer to the top. The air's cleaner, the sky is more blue and the sun is warmer here. Your perseverance has paid off and you are now at the top. The view was more spectacular than you expected. It's so clear you can see for miles, The valleys are filled with green leaves, rivers and waterfalls and the little towns below seem perfect. Be proud, you made it! Just remember that if you hadn't started the climb or gone back to the base of the mountain,  you would have missed all the glory you are now looking at. And remember that when you needed a foothold or a hand up everyone here helped you hang on and keep you on the path and will continue to do so!  May your initial climb be a good one!!

Julie

34 DOF

elvan

minihorses‌ GREAT description of the beginning... whalenda    don't forget that some of the mountain slopes may be coated in ice...that's also part of the addiction.  It is like a horribly behaved toddler throwing a fit because you are not giving in to it.  Keep going, it DOES get easier.

Ellen