cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Breathe in Breathe Out

Wow.  It's amazing how one day can be so different from the next day.  I'm struggling a little today.  Once again that uneasy feeling has crept in.  I know it has something to do with the disruption of my sleep.  I've had a difficult time falling asleep over the past week and I get up two to three times during the night.  I did massive deep breathing this morning and just made myself some chamomile tea.  I came straight to this community because I know this will help me get over the speed bump.  I get so angry with myself when I even think about going back to smoking.  I don't want to smoke.  I don't need to smoke.  It's like bargaining with the devil.  The price is too deep, so the devil is not winning, but I am trying to climb out of that pit.  I am working to make it another smoke free day, so I can put day 26 in highlights on my calendar, which I do each morning that I've won the day before.  Great vivid colors with the number.  I plan on changing my colors from orange/blue to yellow/green when I hit 1 month of freedom.  I look forward to that, which is helping me through this moment as well as coming to this community where I know everyone is rooting for me.  Thanks for being there.

With love,

Michelle

27 Replies
IndependentMe

I'm so new (literally only 2 days) I don't feel like I am eligible to give actual advice just yet so I will simply encourage  I am using alot of deep breathing & it really helps.... if you're interested, look for some meditation apps for your phone. I am finding it tremendously helpful! Some of them charge a monthly fee but also have some free content without having to "upgrade". Congratulations on your progress so far... you're soooo close to 30 days.... eeeek! I'm so excited for you

MichelleDiane

Hi IndependentMe.  Thanks for the encouragement and the helpful suggestion.  No one is ever to new to offer something and you just did.  Congratulations on your days WON.

Breathing with you,

Michelle

Lisaml

Congrats to you! I'm on day 20..ish!;-) 

hang in there together !  

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Will do Lisa.  Thanks and congrats to you on your 20ish!

Michelle

Victoriacam

Michelle, I may be a day late in responding but especially since you were one of the first to welcome me giving me words of encouragement, I wanted to say to take it a minute at a time, then five minutes, then ten minutes breathing all the while. You can do this. Positive thoughts coming your way

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Thank you Victoriacam.  Never to late and I appreciate your encouragement.  I do feel those positive thoughts.

Michelle

0 Kudos
elvan

MichelleDiane  The beginning is rough and there will be some rough patches down the road...it is part of life, the difference is that the longer you are smoke free...the less strength those random smoking thoughts are going to have.  They will eventually turn to memories and you will be able to blow them off with very little effort.  I remember reading blogs when I first started and people would tell me that it would get easier...I wanted to SCREAM...WHEN??? We are all different but if we stay quit and stay connected to others...it happens and once we have one experience when we don't think of smoking, we know we can have another and another and another.  You are doing a great job staying active and reaching out and sharing your experiences.  Stick with us, you are going to rock this quit.

XOXO,

Ellen

MichelleDiane

As always Ellen, spoken like a true friend.  Thanks and I hope you are doing well.

XOXO back to you,

Michelle

0 Kudos