cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Breathe in Breathe Out

Wow.  It's amazing how one day can be so different from the next day.  I'm struggling a little today.  Once again that uneasy feeling has crept in.  I know it has something to do with the disruption of my sleep.  I've had a difficult time falling asleep over the past week and I get up two to three times during the night.  I did massive deep breathing this morning and just made myself some chamomile tea.  I came straight to this community because I know this will help me get over the speed bump.  I get so angry with myself when I even think about going back to smoking.  I don't want to smoke.  I don't need to smoke.  It's like bargaining with the devil.  The price is too deep, so the devil is not winning, but I am trying to climb out of that pit.  I am working to make it another smoke free day, so I can put day 26 in highlights on my calendar, which I do each morning that I've won the day before.  Great vivid colors with the number.  I plan on changing my colors from orange/blue to yellow/green when I hit 1 month of freedom.  I look forward to that, which is helping me through this moment as well as coming to this community where I know everyone is rooting for me.  Thanks for being there.

With love,

Michelle

27 Replies
MichelleDiane

Could be.  I am just sorry that this keeps happening, but I know this too shall pass.  Thanks for the feedback.

-Michelle

Lisaml

YES! I just used the same word NOSTALGIA in a different thread...

i blew my last quit after a year (11 months and a few days) because I had a hankering for the nostalgic, and didn't know any better. It was weird. I truly intended just to have "one smoke, for old times sake". 

Right.... 

now we know better, right? Armed with knowledge... 20 days in...

Victoriacam

Marilyn, I must have missed "Dale's page" if you would be so kind as to direct me there. I need every word of help I can get. Thanks Victoria

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Sorry nobody noticed your request.  Here is a link to JonesCarpeDiem‌'s page.  There is a wealth of good information there.

Nancy

Victoriacam

Thanks Nancy! What an incredible yet somewhat intimidating article. I made it for a month last year and my husband thought it was something he did despite my reassurances that I restarted for absolutely no known reason. Just seemed like the thing to do.

0 Kudos
minihorses

Michelle,

First of all you are doing fantastic with identifying your triggers and cravings and taking positive steps to get through them!  Better than I did at that stage of quit.  The calendar is something I did as well.  I printed one out, put it up on the entrance to the garage from the house since that was where I smoked most often.  Each day I used a different color and wrote some words of encouragement at the end of the day. It was extremely helpful.  Each time you refuse to dance with the devil is another step away from the old you and a big step towards the new you.  A healthier, happier, and wealthier you!  

You Rock.gif

Julie

MichelleDiane

Thanks Julie.  Love the graphic!

-Michelle

Sandi4

MichelleDiane‌ - Look at you!  Day 26, blogging, lending support to others...I see you!  You are rocking your quit.

Annette touched on something that is true for me.  The memories.  I passed a store yesterday that I would occasionally stop at for cigarettes and my chest tightened.  I knew I was ok but the memory of going in that store caused a physical reaction; it's so weird.  As others here mentioned, changing your routine may help.  I'm just a new as you so definitely defer to the Elders!!!

I'm just here to lend support and to remind you that you can count me as one of your cheerleaders.  You're doing everything right so I know you're going to finish out today like a boss.  One day at time, my friend.  You got this.

Sandi

MichelleDiane

Sandi, I'm holding your hand.  Hope you can feel it.  Your words are true and helpful.

-Michelle

MichelleDiane

Just following up with my peeps.  Doing a little better.  Work has definitely been great because it has allowed me to take my thoughts out of smoking.  I am more optimistic at the moment and will take it one minute at a time to help myself work through feelings and thoughts today.  Loved everyone's support.

Love,

Michelle