cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kjc0818

Brand Spankin' New

I feel a little silly writing on this thing, but here goes.  I am a 57-yr old woman.  I have smoked since I was about 20 and I have never really tried to quit.  Oh, I can talk the talk, etc., just figured I wasn't ready yet.  Last night I had my warning, though.  I have always been plagued by bouts of bronchitis, usually triggered by a head cold. So last night when I felt that familiar tightning in my chest, believe me, I know what it is. I have always had the audacity to think that I could still smoke and be sick!  What delusional thinking! So anyway, last night I had an epiphany.  And I think God told me that this is it. My body can no longer take the abuse and if I continue to smoke through this episode of bronchitis, that will be it for me. Visions of myself as an angry, ugly old woman dragging an oxygen tank around have been plaguing me. I am a believer in divine destiny and all that and I will tell you why.  Last year about this time, I was emailed info from this organization.  Don't know where it came from exactly, Just decided to keep it in my "new Mail" folder.  Something told me that  I would need it someday.  On Sat, I was cleaning out my email files and saw it again. Still no solid connection.  After the night I had last night, I opened this thing first thing this morning. And all I can say is "WOW".  This is what I have been searching for and didn't even know it. Thank you for being here! So...here I am. No cigs since about 11:00pm the 19th of September, 2010. I really need to suceed at this, because for me it is a matter of live or die.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
empathy

Welcome!!! You are at the right place. This site can help you if you really are ready to fight for a quit. Well now some people will tell you they did not have as much difficulty as they thought during their quit & I have no reason to doubt them. For me it was HARD but I had & still have this program. Please go to the main blog place & read what your new friends have to say. You may want to say hi. Learn as much as you can as fast as you can. It is a good idea to use other quit smoking sites too.  You can do it.    Tammy

0 Kudos