cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jennifer-Quit

Beware

Some very old blogs are waking up and reappearing.  Be sure to look at the date created to decide if you want to comment or not.

26 Replies
MarilynH

Thanks Jennifer, I've noticed that too I try to remember to check the date before commenting but sometimes I just don't think of it, I'm busy doing something but I like to take a few minutes here and there to scroll through and maybe make a few comments before getting back to whatever I was doing too bad there wasn't someway to filter them so we'd know right away without trying to remember to check the date but I suppose like just about everything in life we can get into the habit of checking if we do it on a daily basis.  it kind of reminds me of our quits.

Jennifer-Quit

There was one this morning about looking for people who like to chew tobacco.  Almost commented on it before I realized it was from 2008 - BTW I do not like to chew tobacco - 

YoungAtHeart

blech!

btw - I think management likes when old blogs are commented upon.  Keeps from creating new content on the same topic, or something like that.

N.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

I am not saying to not comment - just to glance at the date and then decide

JACKIE1-25-15

I agree, want to create conversation from old stuff, people no longer here?????  Thanks for the heads up.  At times takes away from what is really active. Jennifer-Quit  I read some but don't comment.,  Admin shhhh

JACKIE1-25-15

Makes you wonder, where are these people?

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

YoungAtHeart wrote:

blech!

btw - I think management likes when old blogs are commented upon.  Keeps from creating new content on the same topic, or something like that.

N.

Management   I'm the only one, why not say my name?

Yes, for people looking for answers and starting their quit journey, it is good when looking for information/support to search before posting a new post. Same with if you have an issue with the site, best to search in Community Help‌ before posting as I probably already answered.

We had a chewing tobacco user join recently. Could have been that.  I've also been doing a little housekeeping in the groups to make them a bit more user friendly.  And their are images for most of the groups now.  Just a couple are imageless.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
MarilynH

Wow Jennifer, I didn't see that one yuck on chewing tobacco ewwwwww gross .....

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

As a newbie I do wonder, but I try to think positive about it.  Like they have gained their freedom and are living life.  Of course that may not be for all who are not active in the community, but I have taken some great lessons from older blogs.  I tend not to comment on them, but from time to time will refer to "something I read in an old post" in my blog.  I'm happy I have recognized all of your names, Jennifer-Quit-05-01-14JACKIE1-25-15 Champion, and Youngatheart.7.4.12 (Nancy).  It lets me know this is doable because you are still here and giving to the community.  

Thanks and hugs,

Michelle