cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gwenivere

Bad Irish Luck

I had the great fortune of getting bronchitis last week.  Thought it was a cold.  Just when I was getting used to breathing a bit better, this is a real setback.  Luckily not one that creates a trigger for smoking, but very frustrating.  I guess I thought I was becoming invincible and found I am but human.  Nothing worse than accepting one is sick when on a mission.

16 Replies
anaussiemom

IKR!!

virgomama

I'm glad they're over, too.  Funny how you can see the insanity of it once you're out of the addiction.  Anyways hope you're doing better Gwenivere.  And I'm glad to here you're still smoke free.  Good for you!!!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Getting sick is just another excuse to smoke.  Anything that makes us think of smoking or miss smoking is just an excuse from our addicted brains to go back to it.  Don't feed the lies.  Recognize that any reason to smoke is just an excuse.

YoungAtHeart

Can you IMAGINE how our doctor felt when we walked in - with bronchitis or pneumonia - and smelled like a dirty ashtray from smoking on the way?  I am sure they were simply aghast that we would continue smoking  They didn't get it then, and neither did we....addiction will do that to you.

Nancy

Gwenivere

On e time I did walk into my pulmonologist's office and she said, I guess you haven’t quit smoking.  I’ve havent reached the point I can smell it on others, but I bet it happens.  I was in the store today and the guy in front of me was buying smokes.  He wasn’t very nice when I said that sounded good, but I had quit.  I got a nasty 'good for you' reply.  I wasn’t trying to be demeaning.  Maybe he wa just having a bad day or I should just keep my mouth shut.  I thing it’s the latter around smokers.

anaussiemom

Jenn you can only be who you are, what a lovely way to be.   No one can predict , a person and how they receive  something we say.   If your intention was good....That is all that matters. Hugs Jenn!!

Kim

virgomama

Got a chuckle out of that story.  He's just in denial and you're on your way.  Wait till you do get your sense of smell.  It's one of my "glad I don't do that anymore " moments now.  You can smell it one everyone.  I get kind of embarrassed sometimes and wonder if I smelled like that.  Which, of course, I did.  Good for you, Gwen/