cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mandolinrain

BLAST FROM THE PAST- to keep your mind off smoking

Name ONE item from your past that you don't hear of or see much of anymore. 

PLEASE stick with mentioning only one item at a time. I will start......

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Black and White TV

252 Replies
two4ac

Roller skates that needed a key rollerskate.PNG

TW517

One of the properties I managed in the 1980's was a 120,000 SF warehouse in Minneapolis.  A 30,000 SF tenant got bought out and was moving out of state.  My leasing agent found this start up company he really wanted me to approve to take the vacancy.  I was skeptical, so he took me on a tour of their current smaller facility.  The company was Rollerblades.  I thought it was just about the dumbest product I had ever seen.  But I had no other takers, and decided to take a risk.  Thought for sure I'd lose my job over it.  They ended up taking over the entire complex within 2 years. 

TriGirl

WOW!!! That's super cool!

TW517

Which reminds me of another Blast From The Past we don't see anymore - 16% mortgage rates.  About the same time as my prediction of Rollerblade's failure, mortgage rates took a deep plunge from 16% to 12%.  I convinced my wife that we had to refinance immediately because rates would never get lower.  I thought they would go back up in a couple months.  Of course, they fell to 9% within weeks of our refinance, and we all know what they are now. 

constanceclum

Insurance man coming to your house every month for payment.

JACKIE1-25-15

PastTense

My personal favorite toy growing up: Tinker Toys!!!

It's all Lego now, but I used to love building with Tinker Toys

Keep the Quit
PT
YoungAtHeart

2f6889c7eae53dfa325ed017f0b545ba.jpg

Omagles!- this was a lifesize building set.  It also came with four wheels!  You could make a rickshaw, a bed, a lemonade stand, a wheelchair, a table, and on and on.  There were clips that went around the connectors that kept the junctions all in place.  My girls had HOURS of fun not only designing the structures, but then playing on them afterwards.  It was a perfect kid toy.  I think it's still stored here - NOBODY would allow me to get rid of it!

Mandolinrain

Penny candy

stAn3

Compact discs