cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

aly2

BIG CHALLENGING NEWS, CAN YOU HELP?

Hey All~ Was planning on celebrating my 7 days free and healing from tobacco-- and I am... but just got a call from my Mom (Superwoman, hero, whom I love, respect and adore infinitely) and she tells me she was just diagnosed with breast cancer...... WO..... This woman is my greatest beloved in the world--- In my initial anguish over this I found myself really wanting to smoke (fear based patterning,,,,,) funny since of course smoking CAUSES such things.... but anyway-- I won't- just amazing how much I wanted to. So, ex-ers tribe~ I ask you to help me be strong in the face of this- and most of all think positive and visualize healing for my mom and not fall into fear or anxiety that weakens us all (makes us smoke, keeps us from healing etc)... Since you have all been so helpful to me in this journey~ I ask can you help my saying a prayer for my Moms healing and wellbeing- and/or visualizing her well and free from any illness... in perfect, vibrant health. If you don't want to do that- no worries, but please above all don't think fearful or pity thoughts-- my Mom (warrior) wants only positive thoughts... (THOUGH INITIALLY I NEEDED MY FEW MINUTES OF TOTAL FEAR SADNESS ANGUISH FREAKOUT..... WHICH IS WHEN I WANTED TO SMOKE, OF COURSE-- WHEN WE ARE WEAKEST...) I must go rest now.... Thank you for everything. Thanks in advance for sending your love and support. And yes, its been over one week now. Gettin through it. Your friend in health and hope---- Aly
0 Kudos
15 Replies
polly2

Hi Aly! I'm so sorry about your Mom. I've sent prayers and light your way...My Mom went through two bouts of cancer. 1st a malignant melanoma on her back almost 30 years ago and then breast cancer about 12 years ago. She just turned 80 this past may and is so beautiful, strong and best of all cancer free! I see myself in what you wrote...My Mom had to comfort me, because I couldn't hold the tears back. She relied heavily on her faith, her family and positive thinking. I believe that is why she is still here today!! Hang in there and don't let the nicodemon get to you. Smoking will only make it worse, for both you and your Mom. If I can help you in any way, please feel free to drop me a post!
0 Kudos
barbara42

I do not know how you believe but I do know that with GOD all things are posible so I ask my fellow ex,ers to join in prayer with me that GOD will heal your MOTHER. My BIBLE says that where two or three are gathered in his name,it will be done.JESUS died for us and by HIS stripes we are healed, just claim it for your MOTHER
0 Kudos
barbara42

I do not know how you believe but I do know that with GOD all things are posible so I ask my fellow ex,ers to join in prayer with me that GOD will heal your MOTHER. My BIBLE says that where two or three are gathered in his name,it will be done.JESUS died for us and by HIS stripes we are healed, just claim it for your MOTHER
0 Kudos
cindy25

I am so sorry. I will be sending positive energy and prayers your way. Life sends us all curves sometimes when we least expect it. You sound like a strong person (maybe got that from your mom?). Take care.
0 Kudos
cindy25

I am so sorry. I will be sending positive energy and prayers your way. Life sends us all curves sometimes when we least expect it. You sound like a strong person (maybe got that from your mom?). Take care.
0 Kudos
dessa

Aly, Prayers and thoughts of well-being for you and your Warrior.

G-d bless,
Dessa
(brand new member of the ex community)
0 Kudos