cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

aly2

BIG CHALLENGING NEWS, CAN YOU HELP?

Hey All~ Was planning on celebrating my 7 days free and healing from tobacco-- and I am... but just got a call from my Mom (Superwoman, hero, whom I love, respect and adore infinitely) and she tells me she was just diagnosed with breast cancer...... WO..... This woman is my greatest beloved in the world--- In my initial anguish over this I found myself really wanting to smoke (fear based patterning,,,,,) funny since of course smoking CAUSES such things.... but anyway-- I won't- just amazing how much I wanted to. So, ex-ers tribe~ I ask you to help me be strong in the face of this- and most of all think positive and visualize healing for my mom and not fall into fear or anxiety that weakens us all (makes us smoke, keeps us from healing etc)... Since you have all been so helpful to me in this journey~ I ask can you help my saying a prayer for my Moms healing and wellbeing- and/or visualizing her well and free from any illness... in perfect, vibrant health. If you don't want to do that- no worries, but please above all don't think fearful or pity thoughts-- my Mom (warrior) wants only positive thoughts... (THOUGH INITIALLY I NEEDED MY FEW MINUTES OF TOTAL FEAR SADNESS ANGUISH FREAKOUT..... WHICH IS WHEN I WANTED TO SMOKE, OF COURSE-- WHEN WE ARE WEAKEST...) I must go rest now.... Thank you for everything. Thanks in advance for sending your love and support. And yes, its been over one week now. Gettin through it. Your friend in health and hope---- Aly
0 Kudos
15 Replies
miguel

hi aly, sorry to hear about ur mom, i lost mine one year ago, exactly one week before mother`s day, so i know how ur feeling when u find out ur mom is sick , she was my hero too! but that should not at all give us a green lite to smoke because @ moment like this is when we need to be the strongest for ourselves and our loved ones, congrats on ur quit u wear it well gurl........don`t quit on ur quit!!!!! be strong, stay strong, STAY QUIT!!!!!!!!!! " MARK 11:22-26"

God's Love
Graphics and Myspace Layouts at pYzam.com

0 Kudos
donna22

Hi Aly,I will keep your mom in my prayers and am wishing her strength and well being...she sounds like a very strong woman....

As much as you want or wanted to smoke the reality is that will not change your moms diagnosis so hang in there and stay strong so you can be there for your mom....

If I can help with anything please let me know...you are in my thought and prayers also...
0 Kudos
manofsteele

I will include you and your mom in my prayers.....

I suggest you view the "Healer" post in the Thanks and Praise group. You will understand afterwards... < smile >

PS- Smoking will not help anyone going through cancer so don't make a lame excuse that does not help anybody.

I am 4+ years smoke free and the only way to keep it going this long was never making any excuse to ever take a puff. All excuses are lame.

Stay strong...smoking never solved anything except giving you another problem to deal with and do you really need another problem?
0 Kudos
jennie3

GO TO BFREAKY.COM
BFREAKY.COM Positive thinking is the way to go have you ever read The Secret?
0 Kudos
jennie3

GO TO BFREAKY.COM
BFREAKY.COM Positive thinking is the way to go have you ever read The Secret?
0 Kudos
shanna3

Hi aly,
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, and I already have positive thoughts about the outcome. She will beat her cancer, you will beat your addiction, and together you will both come out of this closer and stronger. You should be very proud of yourself, keeping it together during this hard time. But I think you have learned that smoking will not help this situation and that the situation has only renforced why you no longer smoke. I wish you the best!! Stay strong.
0 Kudos
aly2

Thank you Shanna, Karen, lilacmoonflower, ManofSteele, Becky, Donna & Miguel for your awesome support. I hope you know that you are all my cyber angels:)

Thank you thank you thank you.
Wishing you a blessed day.
0 Kudos
nan7

Hi Aly, I am sorry to hear about your mom's illness. She is so fortunate to have you to support her thru the process. Although, I am also glad when we can get a clear dianosis because at that time we can start the healing/recovery process. I will visualize your mom in vibrant health.

Please, take good care of yourself. Do not smoke. Be strong.
0 Kudos
edith2

You're doing great. I know about your feeling of shock. I was blown away when I found out that my sister had serious breast cancer. I didn't smoke....I went out and got a tattoo of the pink ribbon and her name and her birthdate underneath it. Then I went out and got her a music card and amazingly I found one with the song, "I will survive." I am happy to report that my sister is in remission and has had reconstructive surgery. She handled it like a champ and I'm sorry to say that it took her getting breast cancer for me to get over the resentments I had against her. Now we are closer than we've been in decades.
0 Kudos