cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kps

Awake at 3AM on Sunday

Anyone else battling insomnia? 6PM today is 2 weeks since smoking a cigarette. Since then, I lit one & put it out on two different occasions. Momentary lapses of control. Other than not sleeping, I must admit I feel good. I have so much energy - it is almost annoying to others. I have noticed as I do routine chores, I have much more stamina. I don't feel like the addiction is my problem right now - I just miss the act of smoking, it was something I enjoyed. I am probably babbling, as I have had only about 4 hours of sleep, so I appoligize for that. Hope you all enjoy your Sunday.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
karn

I think that two weeks is a big milestone...at least it was for me!! After two weeks I felt more in control and I was less ready to jump out of my skin. As far as the insomnia is concerned - for me, that's just a way of life. I'm almost always up from 2:30 to 4:30 am (EST) every night. When I stopped smoking, the insomnia stayed the same, but I feel for you. Congratulations on getting through the very tough first two weeks!!
0 Kudos
jeannie4

Yes,Yes ,Yes! My husband and I quit together 31 days ago and we both tossed and turned all night at first. Please get to your doctor and tell him what you are going through. Mine gave me Ambian. Its a wonder drug w/out side effects. Just take one before bed and in no time you will be fast asleep for a full 6-8 hrs. It has been a life saver for us. We only had to take it for about a week or so just to get past the huge hump! Not addictive at all. Hope this helped.
0 Kudos