cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

karen49

August Quitters

I am approaching 90 days. I quit 2 years ago & lasted 6 mos., but gained so much weight I started smoking again. I am surprised this time, even approaching 90 days, there are days the urge to smoke is really bad!! I'm ok when we go to the bar, it's like I'm ready for it then, but it's at the oddest times I crave a cigarette. I'm starting to do the hand-to-mouth thing now when I crave a smoke. So far I'm still holding my own with my weight.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
209 Replies
debbie_

HI Karen, I quit on 8-24-09
  We sound alot alike. Stress seems to be my biggest trigger too.
  I'm learning slowly how to handle it with my new life as a nonsmoker. I also have a hubby here that still smokes (outside only) Really bugs me though...but it's his lungs and have to pray he will quit one day.
0 Kudos
robin24

61 days! 61 days down.....a lifetime to go. I still want a smoke sometimes, I even dream about smoking! My biggest problem has been the binge eating instead of smoking. My weight loss goals are not going to be met for Oct. I sure hope these urges go away soon or I find a better way to handle them. To all of us August Quitters that are still quit, WE ROCK!!!
0 Kudos
dave11

we do rock!

it's been 81 days for me and i just had another smoking dream last night. i haven't had one in a while and this one really got to me. but i shook it off and am feeling well, again.
0 Kudos
mary15

My quit date is today: 08/01/10: Last cigarette was last night at 10:00 p.m. I frequently visit with my neighbors and we would enjoy a glass of wine, coversation, and a CIGARETTE. This past activity will pose as my biggest hurdle in staying smoke free.

0 Kudos
lois2

i will quit again, will set a date soon,

0 Kudos
nikkic80

Today was my quit date and so far I'm ok. I havent had a cigarette since last night. My trigger will most likely be my boyfriend. He's still smoking. I'm going to try my best

0 Kudos
lois2

good luck Nickki 380 be strong,

0 Kudos

Hi my name is Donna I (was) smoke free for 16mo. and when i changed my career after 35 years..I started back 2mo ago. and i am sick about it, I am now in the healthcare field.and need to quit for good, realized i am never really safe from it. I came back on here today!! my quit date is AUGUST 19th my birthday (52) i sure could use some friends!!! thanks Donna

0 Kudos
amy16323

my name is Amy and i just quit yesterday.im 29 years old and i am on the nicotine inhaler.would love to talk to people that are newbies at quitting.

0 Kudos
didi3

My day is today and so far so good!

0 Kudos