cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

LAM-Burch

Divorced and Quitting

I had quit smoking for two years until July 5th, 2011, when my husband of 12 and a half years suddenly told me he wanted a divorce.  He would not consider marriage counseling or any form of trying to work it out.  Come to find out he was having an affair with our next door neighbor.  In less than two weeks, I was smoking a pack a day again.  Cigarettes were my security blanket.  Now, after 2+ years, I am ready to kick the smoking habit.  I kicked the marriage habit and actually ended up better than I was when I was married.  Seems to me the cigarette habit is ready to be kicked to the curb as well. 

I would like to hear from others who have gone through this kind of stress and are ready to leave cigarettes behind too.  The loss of a loved one is stressful and painful; but, together, I believe we can really encourage one another. 

The best revenge is a life well-lived!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mdconway27

Hi, yes I'm divorced but luckily i didn't have any children but i still smoke and today was supposed to be my quit day but i couldn't do it because i'm under stress right now and smoking helps to relieve the stress right now.  Hope to hear from you guys soon.

0 Kudos
mdconway27

I smoked off and on since i was a teenager because of negative influences in my life.  It was a way to relieve frustration or so i thought.  Now i see smoking doesn't change anything, it only makes it worse because it's destroying the inside of the body.  Remember,smoking cigarettes isn't going to change your situation.  It's just a nasty habit that can be overcome.  Take advice from others on this site and talk to someone whenever u want to smoke. 🙂

0 Kudos
fredw2

i am divorced and plan to quit smoking 8/31/2014

0 Kudos