cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

karen49

August Quitters

I am approaching 90 days. I quit 2 years ago & lasted 6 mos., but gained so much weight I started smoking again. I am surprised this time, even approaching 90 days, there are days the urge to smoke is really bad!! I'm ok when we go to the bar, it's like I'm ready for it then, but it's at the oddest times I crave a cigarette. I'm starting to do the hand-to-mouth thing now when I crave a smoke. So far I'm still holding my own with my weight.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
209 Replies
jamie26

Hello All! Thirty days smoke free! Feeling good!
0 Kudos
ralph2

I have not posted anything for a month now and I am happy to say that I am smoke free for 37 days now still have along way to go but with everybodies support here everyone of us can stay smoke free.
0 Kudos
spunkie

WOW you girl and guys are doing great thanks for sharing how well things are going this is a great site keeps us on our toes.
  SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT
0 Kudos
tina48

I'm 8 hours into my 36th day of my quit. Woohoo! Life just keeps getting better and better. Keep on truckin' ya'll!!
0 Kudos
debbie_

42 Days!!
0 Kudos
dawn15

40 days and 4 hours, amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
robin24

45 days down.......a lifetime to go
0 Kudos
michelle80

August 31, had many slipups, but I take one week at a time. It's hard when all your friends have cigarettes laying around!
  Chantix and Wellbutrian, along with nicorette gum...lots of suckers and packs of gum!
0 Kudos
lynne4

Great job everyone, so happy to see that all of you are doing well. I can't believe that I am 90+ days, to some degree it felt like just yesterday that I was in hell week 1, but each day did get easier and now I truly feel like a non-smoker. I can be around smokers and don't crave it (a little inhaling doesn't hurt :)) But I would never want to smoke one....I can have a few drinks and not feel like climbing a wall...it can be done. For so many years I told myself I could never quit, how lazy I was....doesn't it feel great to not be a slave to the habit and rearranging your life to smoke? I know it does for me! I love being smoke free.....Hang in there and stay strong.
0 Kudos
karen49

I need some help here. Quit date 8-9-2009. I'm doing ok. I can't believe i still crave cigarettes, especially at really weird times. When we go out to bars or i have a cocktail...that doesn't bother me. It's just really weird. But my stress level is high right now. (Last night my daughter came home, she left her husband of 10 years.) So far, i have resisted the urges, i need some help. (My husband still smokes, so he is no help.)

HELP!!
0 Kudos