cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

karen49

August Quitters

I am approaching 90 days. I quit 2 years ago & lasted 6 mos., but gained so much weight I started smoking again. I am surprised this time, even approaching 90 days, there are days the urge to smoke is really bad!! I'm ok when we go to the bar, it's like I'm ready for it then, but it's at the oddest times I crave a cigarette. I'm starting to do the hand-to-mouth thing now when I crave a smoke. So far I'm still holding my own with my weight.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
209 Replies
dawn15

Welcome Jamie. Congratulations on committing to your quit. I can't answer your questions about the patch as I am not using it. Today is day 2 for me. I had my last cig Friday at 4:00 pm. I have found this isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Hopefully, things will go well for you to. Just stay committed and you will do fine.
0 Kudos
christine12

Hello Jamie, no the tingle goes away after a while.
0 Kudos
jamie26

Thanks Dawn & Christine. I had a pretty good day yesterday. I spent most of the day getting rid of lighters, empty packs and cleaning my car. It feels good to be rid of all the junk but a little anxiety slipped in here and there but i pushed through it. Drank a ton of water and chewed a lot of gum. Got a great night of sleep last night and ready to tackle my first drive to work smoke free.
0 Kudos
ralph2

Well I quit smoking on August 21 and it has been 10 days now smoke free.
  I have not felt this good in a long time.
0 Kudos
lisa42

4 days in and it has not been nearly as bad as the last times i tried to quit. Today was my first smoke free day at work............breezed right through it. I feel so free and any time i get the urge to smoke, i just try to remind myself how free i feel now..........dont have to worry about do i have cigarettes or do i need to stop at the store etc................and all the money i am saving, yay!!!
0 Kudos
jamie26

Day three...Yippee! Woke up coughing this morning, but I am glad for it. Getting the junk out of my lungs feels great. This has been relativley easy so far...went to the coffee shop yesterday and walked inside right past all the smokers sitting around the front door, it felt really good to take my coffee across the street to the courthouse lawn and breath clean air! I am just really proud of myself so far. Plus a new non-smoking love interest is another motivator. WoooHoooo!
0 Kudos
katheen

MY FIRST DAY OF NOT SMOKING YESTERDAY WE QUIT AT EIGHT FOURTY LAST NIGHT SO FAR SO GOOD. IT FEELS A LITTLE BIT STRANGE BUT THAT IS UNDERSTANDBLE BECAUSE WE HAVE SMOKED FOR ALONG TIME. IT WES OVER FOURTY YEARS FOR ME AND ABOUT THE SAME FOR MY PARTNER TOO. THATS ABOUT IT FOR NOW I NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE COUNTERS UP ON THE PAGE AGAIN. I SEAM TO BE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THAT PART THIS MORNING SO HOPEFULLY I CAN REMEMBER HOW TO DO IT. WE HAVE NINE HOURS AND COUNTNG SO FAR AND THAT IS A MIRCLE FOR US TO HAVE TAT AMOUNT OF TIME WITHOUT A SMOKE. WE ARE USUING THE NICTROL INHEALERS ANDTHAT SEEMS TO BE HELPING US. I KNOW THAT I HAVE TRYED EVERYTHING ELSE AND SO FAR NOTHING ELSE HAS DONE IT FOR US AND IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR AGO SINCE WE STARTED THIS THING.
0 Kudos
christine12

Hello all:
  Congrats to all! you are all great. To be smoke free is the best gift we could ever give ourselves and others that love us. Remember it gets better each day.
0 Kudos
spunkie

WTG all of you nebies doing great job.

Comments by ZingerBug.com
0 Kudos
diana12

Hello all,
  I quit a week ago and fortunately it hasn't been as hard as I expected. I am not working right now so I thought I surely would be thinking about smoking all day long but it isn't the case. My problem is food though....I kinda fill the void with carbs....not good at all...I hope I will get over that soon.
  Good going everyone!
0 Kudos