cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lyn1ajg

Arrival date of patches

My quit date is set for June 22 but I am still waiting on nicotine patches? Any idea when they will come I need them to help start

24 Replies
elvan

You have gotten GREAT advice from YoungAtHeart‌, please use the time between now and when the patches arrive to read and prepare for your quit.  Stay close to the site, read blogs, pay attention to what has worked for others.  You CAN do this.  Cigarettes are expensive, if absolutely necessary, you can buy some generic patches to hold you over until the ones you ordered arrive.  I suspect they will arrive in time for your quit date.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

Lyn1ajg

Yes I understand but they sell cigarettes right beside the patches and if I’m at the store I will pick cigarettes over patches I plan to isolate and not smoke when I get the patches but it is hard when I have a friend that works at my neighborhood store and most of the time I don’t pay for my cigarettes sometimes two packs a day for free

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Your local health department (county or state) may offer the patches for free, as does  1-800-Quit-Now, I think.  You might also check to see if any local hospitals or clinics have quit smoking programs that offer them, as well.  CVS no longer sells cigarettes, so they might be a place to get patches; Walmart also sells them in the pharmacy area and there are no cigarettes for sale in that area.  I understand the generic version actually might stick better.

Keep in mind that there is NEVER a good reason to smoke; there are only excuses!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Lyn1ajg

I called 1800quitnow that’s how I got here and I did find out bout the patches they are provided free for ten weeks at no cost it just takes ten working days! But thank you everyone for your help

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lyn1ajg‌ So you called your state quit line (We're not affiliated), they gave you patches and then referred you to us? Which state quit line was this?

Mark 
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
elvan

Lyn1ajg‌  That "friend" is NOT doing you any favors.  Quitting smoking is a journey, it is not an event, the journey is one day at a time or one STEP at a time.  I understand not wanting to lay out the money for patches, really I DO.   Please call your state's quit line and follow up.

Wishing you well.  Oh, isolation is not a great idea when you quit...we are HERE, there is no need to isolate, you will get all the support you can use to STAY quit!  Stay as close to the site as you can, read blogs, reach out to others.  We want you to succeed.

Ellen

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

After a few days patches do not do much.  Try Nico gum over the counter.  Better crutch than the patch..MHO

Lyn1ajg

No gum for me I would rather smoke my cigarettes than chew them I find the gum to be absolutely more gross than cigarettes 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Alerting Mark‌ (our Company Manager) to your post.  

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS ON QUIT DATE❤