Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 2021: Welcome new members!

There are always new members joining the community.  A portion of those new members haven't set or haven't synced their quit date to the community so we can help celebrate your milestones.  

I'll be welcoming our new members and encourage you to get your quit date set and synced to the community so we can help you celebrate when you hit those milestones.

Set and Sync Quit Date

To get started you'll need to do the following:

1. Set your quit date on your Set Your Quit Date | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX (or make sure it's set if you aren't sure.)
  2. Come back to the community.
  3. Look at your profile (round avatar image in upper right then choose My Profile) and confirm your correct date is showing.
EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
38 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stop by Welcome: Introduce Yourself! 

If you're mentioned immediately below, please check out  my post above to set a quit date, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your days quit in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture  get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. @Ohlendoj  @meldee  @Burnham63  @bpowell91 @anthonyajones49 @3dogears @baharn23 @Bemcmc13  @CajunInGA 

Those mentioned immediately below have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post above to update it. @Mleon930 @sandersjy @Aquillow @Smuzzette @Jaxxonsmimi15 @Corbitts7 @Stavalon @bjoy90 @c.stanica @gwenblck7 @Kimberlyj319 @cmeader2009 @ekyoung3 @Mamala @Stroud1016 @Iwanttoquit1357 @brad2017 @Brueduspd @Ksanders92 @Seatbelt @Helene1121 @megansenior @vcoletta @Jjvandello2 @CassidyVislisel @jessicayost1979 @MrsStak @1diamondjae @tiffanym505 @Crystallewis @Pmintz2 @Ashleyusry2020 @Jms1977 @BabyGirl0704 @dstaylor2691 @Jenloveday @Smascorro @mgt44 @waveridr @Aprildawnn90 @SRLewy @S-Dragon333 @marqlewis28 @jbhiggins67 @Magone 

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks, especially to find the orange EX Coach chat button to speak with an EX Coach and also get more information to see if Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to you. @Ohlendoj @Stavalon @gwenblck7 @anthonyajones49 @vcoletta @Jms1977 @Smascorro 

EX Community Admin Team
Burnham63

Hi Mark! Thanks for the mention,  I have been procrastinating on a quit date but I think I am ready now. 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Burnham63 wrote:
Hi Mark! Thanks for the mention,  I have been procrastinating on a quit date but I think I am ready now. 

That's great to hear. Education is an important aspect of quitting. Pick a date and prepare by using the resources on My Quit Plan and also the community. Commit to coming here whenever you have a crave and post. Delay and let 3 people respond. Hopefully by then the craving will have passed.

EX Community Admin Team
tiffanym505

Hi! I'm Tiffany. I started smoking at 15. As a tween I despised my friends for smoking. Then I started working and taking breaks. A coworker offered me a smoke and the rest is history. 2 things made me quit, pregnancy and boot camp. I quit 18 days ago because I was tired of them. I became a pack a day smoker during the pandemic and I looked around and saw how full my ash trays were getting too fast. It was just time. This is the longest I've gone without nicotine since I found out I was carrying my daughter 17 years ago. I'm proud and I finally feel free.

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on 18 days of freedom.  Hang around.  We are here to support you. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tiffanym505 wrote:

Hi! I'm Tiffany. I started smoking at 15. As a tween I despised my friends for smoking. Then I started working and taking breaks. A coworker offered me a smoke and the rest is history. 2 things made me quit, pregnancy and boot camp. I quit 18 days ago because I was tired of them. I became a pack a day smoker during the pandemic and I looked around and saw how full my ash trays were getting too fast. It was just time. This is the longest I've gone without nicotine since I found out I was carrying my daughter 17 years ago. I'm proud and I finally feel free.

Congratulations on 18 days

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
c.stanica

Hi Mark, thanks for the heads up. My quit date is on April 10, 2021. I've been Juuling for the past two years and smoking cigarettes before that. I'm excited to quit vaping!

Cristina
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations @c.stanica on choosing to quit vaping . Glad you are joining the community and friends of being smoke and vape free . 

Read as much as you can .This was a good post .. as you see above we also have an 18 day celebration here as well . 

Congrats to you both . 

Journeying one day at a time . 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stop by Welcome: Introduce Yourself! 

If you're mentioned immediately below, please check out  my post above to set a quit date, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your days quit in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture  get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. @Test_110  @mk304 @Bclay3 @mbb33abc 

Those mentioned immediately below have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post above to update it. @wldemon78 @marybecker @Odile1520 @CatLady13 @Tcrook24 @bsjones @ash2021 @jenwheaton4456 @Sjoensuu @mking01 @Frogspit69 @Crosswilly4 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos