cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dawn9

April 10th quit date

I'm new to this site, saw the ad on TV last night, it was like a sign. I've been feeling sick lately, and smoking isn't helping, yesterday after work as I smoked my last cig. this gut wrenching feeling came over me and I realized I can't keep doing this to my body. Instead of my normal stop at the store for another pack of smokes, I just kept on driving. I got home and hugged my son tighter than ever, and I'm going to do this. If not for myself, for him. I've already tried all the pills and whatnot, they always work for a couple days then I'm back to smoking, this time its cold turkey, and a whole lot of big red gum, lol. Any advice on how to make this easier would be great. Good luck to everyone, it's a hard battle.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
kim61

thank you for the support I have stopped smoking in the morning before going to work for the past three days and am noticing that by the time I get to work I am so dizzy has anyone noticed that when you dont smoke for a while it goes away as soon as I have that first cigg and cup of coffee.
0 Kudos
dawn9

I am having the dizzy problem... I've almost passed out a couple times, lol. And I kept getting nose bleeds yesterday, maybe it's the pollen or something. Well today is day two, still feeling strong. Just trying to focus on other things. 🙂 GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. I'm here today and I'll keep checking the board if anyone needs to talk. Hang tough.
0 Kudos
judy-mcmahon

I tried to give up coffee and cig's at the same time and was a mess....shaky...dizzy.....my husband gave me a cup of coffee and I felt instantly better....soooooo.....like the commercial, I have relearned to enjoy morning coffee without smoke...day 4 and still drinking coffee and already feeling better. hang in there
0 Kudos