cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Dani_2017

Anyone looking for a quit smoking buddy?

Hi All, 

My name is Danielle and I'm on my third day smoke free. Last cigarette was on 7/26/17. I smoked for 5 years. Today has definitely been the hardest so far. I think this would be a little easier if I had someone to quit with me/ go through the process with me. Anyone interested? 

Thanks for reading! 

Tags (1)
102 Replies
elvan

Annette,

Sometimes we ALL do...someone else looking at what we are doing gives us a whole new idea about what we can do.  Planning is really important in the beginning...it gets easier because those plans that worked become new memories.  

You are doing this!

Ellen

0 Kudos
12Finally34

Ellen,

Thank you!  I can always count on the blogs to bring me back when I have over extended myself for the day.  

Today, I didn't make a meeting but I made a plan to do the blogs.  

I am practicing to plan my life around the nicotine meetings and the blog.  

Now that I returned to work, I have to manage my time.  The time is easier to manage without having a cigarette every 20 minutes.  

I still have the side effect of stopping taking a drag or smoking a complete cigarette before I finish a task.  I use the deep breathing, positive self talk and water.

Carolyn

0 Kudos
elvan

Carolyn,

I stayed as close to this site as I could when I first quit and I am still, obviously sticking around, it keeps my quit strong and reminds me of whence I have come.  I used all of the methods you are using...deep breathing, water, and positive self talk.  It is a journey and each step makes us a little stronger,  keep on going, you are doing GREAT!

Ellen