cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

val_b

Anyone else feels like something is missing but has a satified conscience about not smoking?

I tried not to blog about this feeling but I need to see what new thing would fill it, So Im asking for some help about feeling like something is missing and Im not talking about an urge to smoke or a trigger that leads to an urge to smoke. Im talking about when Im reading, watching tv, washing dishes, eating and etc. I just feel like something is missing. Anyway if you had or have this feeling and can help me identify it and maybe do something to get rid of it i would like to hear about it.
0 Kudos
39 Replies
curt2

I'm not sure what's up with your thoughts..could there be something that you are keeping in that u don't want 2 address?....hmm.....or is it something that you have been wanting 2 do but just havent summitted 2 it....like exercise or something....just trying 2 give u something 2 think about ..hope it opens up something if not....just vent 2 me and i will see if i can help you thru it.....Good Luck Lady!
0 Kudos
manofsteele

There is something you might be missing ---->>> your days probably used to be reading and poisoning self, watching tv and poisoning self, washing dishes and poisoning self, eating and poisoning yourself......... I guess you are missing poisoning yourself

WHAT A FEELING TO MISS ....hehe You might be missing a small little bully that made you do things whether you really wanted to or not.... you might be missing not having something control your life and move it in the direction it wanted.

CHANGE ..... What a Feeling !

You are possibly still in the stage where you think cigarettes were your friends, possibly your best friends and sometimes it is like a friend died. ..................but ..........................................better that crap ...............then U ,,,,,,hehe !

you did not become an addict overnight ... everything takes time to get readjusted

ps - you have a super awesome smoke free journey going there Val B !!
0 Kudos
Jaded

This is the third time I've tried to post this to you, this time I'm typing it in notepad and then I'll paste it..Browser keeps crashing for some reason. So anyway,

I'll have to agree with Man of Steele Val, we are close in our quits and most likely have alot of the same thoughts/feelings and I'll have to say that yes at times I do still miss my cigarette friend.

Smoking takes up alot of time in our lives and now that we have that time it's a huge adjustment in just figuring out what to do with that time. What I do is simple, and will probably only work from time to time but it works so you're free to give a try in those times

All I do is say a couple of words in my head, heh, say them out loud if you like..

Cha-Ching

See how much better you feel

(((hugs)))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My quit began One Month, Thirteen Days, 7 Hours and 58 Minutes ago, while extending my life expectancy 5 Days and 9 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1552 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $291.46.
0 Kudos
cathy15

I am brand new to this site, but I really understand what you are saying. That feeling doesn't make me want to smoke, it more makes me depressed that I can't. As though I don't have anything to look forward to. I like the idea of the words "cha ching" and I also keep thinking about my kids and family and how good it feels to not smoke. But, yes, sadly, something is missing and I'm not far enough into this to be happy that it is missing.
0 Kudos
cindy25

Yes, preoccupation with finding the next fix is missing. Thoughts that no longer apply: where are my cigarettes? time for a smoke? Time for a smoke break? Reward time? Do I have enough left in this pack? Shoot, now I have to go to the store! a cigarette sounds good! Where's my lighter? etc, etc, etc. For me, it's not just the actual smoking itself, it is everything that went with it! That took up alot of mental space too- and now I don't have to do it anymore!
0 Kudos
val_b

That's exactly what Im feeling Cathy, thanks for giving it a name for me, Im depressed, I just did not know that those smokes had that much of a hold on me. Everyone's advice is so truthful, it scares me. I hope that giving and doing more in my life will help with my depression.
0 Kudos
val_b

Cha-Ching, Cha-Ching, Cha-Ching
0 Kudos
val_b

Im glad you can relate to these feelings, Cathy help me give these feeling a name, depression, I can at least identify with the feeling and move on. I am accepting that a separation has occured, and rejoicing that I will not smoke again. thanks Karen.
0 Kudos
val_b

Yeah your right Im depress about missing those poisoning smokes, it is a separation issue, I will not smoke. I had to give that feeling a name, as cathy stated, depression fit the symptoms. now I have to deal with it. thanks manof steele.
0 Kudos