cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kodylee

Any suggestions

Today is my first day of trying to stop smoking, I've been smoking science age of 16  I'm now 59.I need some suggestions what to do when I really need a cigarette like now

22 Replies
YoungAtHeart

So good to see you!  Happy FIVE years to YOU!

Nancy

0 Kudos
prjimm01

dear friend, it is all so much in your head and in your attitude.  You are not trying to quit smoking.  You are on day one (or 3?) of being an ex-smoker.  You have chosen life and now it is up to you to enjoy it and share it with us!  You will find all kinds of useful, critical, information here that made my journey easier.  But it is really in your head - you ARE an ex smoker and we so respect you for that and you should respect yourself for that!  Welcome.

0 Kudos
freeneasy

Believe everything you read about how good it is to be smoke-free. You're getting through the hardest days now but there's a light at end of the tunnel. Quitting is the best decision you can make. It will get better. Keep reading and stick close to this site. You're going through a huge change physically and mentally now but it's worth it to regain your freedom from nicotine addiction.

0 Kudos