cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Dani_2017

Any suggestions on removing cig smell?

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday. 

I just wanted to start by saying thank you to everyone who responded to my post yesterday/sent me messages. Y'all are so supportive, and it is so nice to have a network of people behind me. Today is day 4 for me and it's much better than day 3. 

I just wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas on how to remove the smell of cigs from your home. I can't seem to get the lingering smell out no matter what I do. 

Anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks for reading! 

Tags (1)
21 Replies
elvan

JonesCarpeDiem‌ That was also suggested by YoungAtHeart‌ I was afraid that it would smell like garbage and draw fruit flies...uh, never thought of just CHANGING it.  I think I am brain damaged.

Where do you think Nancy gets...never mind...she didn't mention the car.. 🙂

Diannnnn

ROFL....I was waiting for that!

0 Kudos
Bree19

elvan

I thought we could only belong here if we were challenged in the brain department...?

I also thought "But what about fruit flies after a couple of days and then what about when I have a friend in the car?  What would they think of my extra "passengers?"  

So El, don't feel alone - (head hanging in amazement at my own blondness)

elvan

Bree19‌  I am seriously laughing out loud.  

Diannnnn

LOL!!!! I always tell people I was born blonde but I out grew it. Surprisingly hair color appears to have nothing to do with those, "duh" moments. Now I blame it on age...

Dani_2017

Fortunately the car is not an issue, just the kitchen for me. Boy does that stale smoke smell linger though! 

Ok then. Put apples in other peoples cars.  🙂

Never Ever Forget! When you do your own scrub out it's another reason down the road to protect your Quit! You never want to have to do that again!

maryfreecig

Fresh air. Vinegar--the odor of vinegar dies down fairly fast. High proof rubbing alcohol on latex wood work. Wash and hang dry fabric in the sun. Pillows in the sun and fresh air. Rugs fresh air and sun --bat and repeat. For legal or important docs that you must keep into air tight bin.Time and good smells and cleaning will end the odor. 

Congrats on your quit...and Welcome!