cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mvoogd

Another try..

For the past year or so I have been trying to quite smoking for like 20+ times. Many times I did manage to not smoke for 1 or 2 days and a few times even for 3 and 4 days. I have been smoking for 30 years and smoked like 50-60 cigs a day, go figure. Its hard to quite but I learned the lesson that slipping up is all fine, aslong you dont give up trying to quite, and that is what I have been doing all along. For now I am again on my 3rth day of not smoking and I really hope that it will last a 'little' longer than those 4 days this time. I do use my electronic vapor thingie which is nothing but water and nicotine which seems to be a big help to me. 🙂

0 Kudos
7 Replies
marycathy

I quit in 1985,stayed quit for ten years, but began again in 1995.  It has been harder this time because i love to smoke, but i have a responsibility to my children and grandchildren to avoid an ugly lung cancer death; It' not easy, you know, but suffer through it.  It really has some pleasant surprises as days progress....

0 Kudos
sai.bruno617

I too have tried to quit smoking several times over the years, but have been overall unsucessful. I am going to be 23 next month, and I have been smoking since I was 18. Although I have not been smoking for nearly as long as some of the other people here on this site, I feel that I share their struggles equally. I love to smoke, but I do not know exactly what I love about smoking anymore. I have a 1 1/2 year old son who I know will be looking up to me someday, so he is partially my motivation to quit smoking...other reasons include the death of my grandmother (who was a smoker), my father's desire for me to quit and quite frankly, I am starting to dislike the smell of cigarette smoke! This will be my first attempt to quit this year, so I hope that I am sucessful. I am new to this site, so if you are willing to be my friend, please feel free to send me a request!!

0 Kudos

WATER AND NICOTINE?

AND YOU WARM IT UP AN INHALE IT RIGHT?

IT'S AN ECIG RIGHT?

AND YOU'RE GOING TO USE IT FOREVER AND BE ADDICTED TO IT RIGHT?

0 Kudos
mvoogd

I am indeed using ecigs and nicotine candies. As for getting addicted to that, dunno but if I do then I am sure that its a hell lot better than being addicted to tabacco, though I am not counting on it to become addicted to that. This far this combination works great for me. Almost did not smoke for 4 full days now so I am about to beat my own record.

I wish you all good luck in your attempts 🙂

0 Kudos
beth102

great job as long as you keep beating your goals you will get there and im proud of youu its hard and i agree if you get addicted to that its better than smoking i joined today and it says its not nicotine that kills you in cigs its the other chemicals so if you love to smoke which i think most people do or they would quit easier right its better to get addicted to some thing better than some thing that is killing you

0 Kudos
mvoogd

Indeed, its not the nicotine what is the bad factor in here so if you can be happy with a few nicotine candies to stop you from smoking then you better pop those 🙂

0 Kudos
mvoogd

I am still sucking on my vapor ecig thingie but its getting less. I think I can go w/o that thingie soon but it helped me big time for the first few days.

0 Kudos