cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jennifer12

Another Newbie here!

Hello everyone! I am new to this whole quitting thing, but have decided that it's time. It sure isn't as easy as you have it planned in your head, is it? Learning the hard way, I guess. Anyhow, I started taking Chantix on the 22nd. I am suppose to quit tomorrow. I am not feeling it though. I am still smoking today, just as I have every day. I feel like I am waiting for something to happen, but nothing is. Anyone else?

I am extremely thankful for this site and excited to meet everyone. It's nice to be able to ask questions! And also, I guess misery loves company! Thanks

Jennifer
0 Kudos
2 Replies
edith2

I never tried Chantix, I used the Lozenges. You can ask me anything you want and I will help you in any way that I can.
0 Kudos
jennifer12

Thanks Edith! I tried the lozenges and I couldn't get them to work. I would put one in mouth and then go outside to have a cigarette. Not sure if they weren't strong enough or what. Anyhow, I have noticed I am smoking less on Chantix. I was up to a pack a day and yesterday I only smoked a little over half. One step, in the right direction. I am hoping by Saturday, I will done, done! Thanks again!
0 Kudos