Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brodertr

And so it begins ...

Day one ...here we go

0 Kudos
7 Replies
meredith13

Good Luck! I am in the same boat as you!

0 Kudos
agilbert07

I am on day two.  I am chewing the gum and it helps with the cravings.  I still need to find something to do with my hands.  The hardest part is when I go outside to water my plants or play with my dog.  Good Luck!

0 Kudos
muradswati

Hey,

Best of luck.  I am on day one and its not that easy.  I am doing it without any medication or any patches. 

0 Kudos
muradswati

Keep it going day 2 for me...>Drink WATER! and plenty of it!

0 Kudos
sherryd502

It is almost the end of day two for me.  I am not using a patch or any kind of replacement therapy  Tried them in the past and they didn't work for me.  I wanted to get the nicotine out of my body, the sooner the better.  Today was a little easier than yesterday with the cravings, although I am still having them, they are not as bad.  I wanted to cry all day yesterday, and today I am just tired.  I am getting scared I am not going to make it.  This has to be one of the hardest things that I have ever done.  I really hate that something as small as a cigarette could have this much power over me..  Not anymore  I need to make it through this I am just hoping the cravings are a little less soon.

0 Kudos
kiki15

i threw away my pack this afternoon. so easy to do in the light of day. right now i need to find something to do instead of mourning.

0 Kudos
robin-harmon

Cigs had me for 35 years no more.  I quit yesterday and I have more motivation to quit this time. This is day 2 of putting down the pack.  I am using patches because when I have tried cold turkey in the past it has not worked.  So far not too bad I just remember when the cravings hit just breath and it will pass in a few minutes.  I want to be able to see my grandkids someday so I knew that smoking a pack of day since I was 15 and I am now 50 was playing with fire.  I hope to be able to enjoy the fact that I quit but it is like giving up an old friend.  Wish me luck.

0 Kudos