cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Fresher1

Allen Carr’s Book

So I made it 16 days and then smoked. Dang it!  I changed my quit day but I really didn’t want to since I only smoked a few cigarettes.  

I read Allen Carr’s Easyway to Quit Smoking....He said no moping!  But all I did was mope!  I started out good, but little by little, as the days went by, I missed my little friend.  So I smoked. And just as he said, I felt awful!  So here I am again.  

This time I’m going to post here. I would love to be a non smoker for more than 2 weeks. That seems to be about how long I can make it.  

I’m not moping today and Yippee I’m a non smoker! All I can do is one day at a time 

22 Replies

Fresher1-was boyfriend supporting you?????????? Or was he trying to derail your Quit?

Have you started to think about your Quit, as a JOURNEY?????? Where it is broken down

into small sections of time???

Depending on how Tough the day is going???????????? Are you spending time reading all

the information here, that will educate you????? Give you strength, to make it through the Tough Stretches.

Did you put together your own Personal Toolbox for this Journey???????????? Plans for how to: Fight your

Triggers?????????

MOOD SWINGS COME WITH THE JOURNEY....How confused do you think, your body is after FEEDING

Nic-o-Demon  for  all those years.???????????????  Mine is very confused and all over the place. Sometimes feels like a roller coaster...I have to let my body, do what it needs, to do.......I FEEL 100% BETTER NOT SMOKING!

HERE IS THE BIG QUESTION?????? HOW BADLY DO, YOU WHAT TO QUIT????? YOU EITHER DO OR YOU REALLY DON'T.....

Today is day 48 of FREEDOM for me...I tell you this because; I just Spent the WEEKEND GOING THROUGH THE 1ST. SNOW STORM IN 45 YRS. WITHOUT TOBACCO!!!!!!!  Yes, it was Helpful, I live 10 miles from town. The weather was blizzard conditions for part of the weekend. IF, I HAD HID ANY TOBACCO HERE...I MIGHT HAVE SMOKED????????

I DIDN'T HAVE ANY, SO............ I stayed busy putting the bedroom back together, after the carpet was re-stretched. I clean drawers and organized things. Did laundry,vacuumed the carpets and vinyl floors. Looked online for stylish 

long hair cut for ladies over 60. Searched for a replacement remote for my stereo,etc.  PLAYED COUPLE PC GAMES

I TREATED MYSELF TO DECAF COFFEE AND SOME DARK SWISS CHOCOLATE,when I took a break.

The point is: I used my Tools... Last night I added to those Tools...I went to: whyquit.com  and downloaded

a free book that you will find mentioned around here. I started to randomly read parts of it.....Day was over,I was

exhausted....Went to bed and listen to music trying to drown out Hurricane force winds! (Not truly that high of winds

but my hubby referred to them that way this morning)....

Exer's here will HELP YOU ALL THEY CAN......YOU HAVE TO DECIDE    WHAT DO YOU WANT. ???????????????

I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS......Are you willing to do what it takes????????? Prairie 48 DOF

Swanbird

That’s what happen to me I’m reading the book and trying again!  Good luck to us!

0 Kudos
biscuit9

jj

0 Kudos