cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mandolinrain

ATTENTION TO QUIT NET FOLKS

I just wanted to pass along that I make quit tokens 

( no charge to you ) out of vintage silver-plate silverware. The only requirement is that you have at least one year free of Nicotine.

I engrave each one with your quit date and 'handle' name that you use here on EX.

You are a part of our family now and this is my way to give back to a community that helps so many and each other.

If you would like one please private message me a mailing address and the info I described above

Guys get a keychain, gals get a necklace and sometimes a key chain. I used to provide the chain for necklaces, but I don't anymore. 

Heres mine.

fullsizeoutput_2b2.jpeg

Welcome to the Family! Quitnet

Tags (1)
40 Replies
KellanC74

This is a nice gift for those who get to a year.

ClearColors

KellanC74‌ Absolutely Something to aim for!!  How cool is that!!

You're loooooooooookin' good in your quit... keep going

0 Kudos
KellanC74

It is something to look forward to   I am going to aim for this an a whole lot more ClearColors

ClearColors

You're darn tootin' ! KellanC74‌  We use our resources, our community.  We work it! Strap on your seatbelt.  You Go Girl!  All those steps and moments add up. 

KellanC74

one day at a time not looking backwards 

Mandolinrain

Let me know when you reach it and I will happily send you one

Well said ClearColors!! I agree 100%

ClearColors

That's a beautiful braclet

@Giulia, The bracelet that was made for me was done on elastic thread, with baby letters.   It was lovely and precious. It definitely helped my quit. I got it about the first week I quit, I literally wore it to death.  I honestly am unable to think of the slogan on the bracelet.  It may have had both of our initials on it, with something like KTQ.  It did break more than once I believe, and I put it together.  Then it broke and I missed some pieces.    Shhh  The rest is somewhere now, but it's still in my heart.  Unfortunately, I lost contact with person who created it.   I'm sorry I am unable to be of more help.

0 Kudos
ClearColors

It could all have been written and or something like this:

#[]*[]*[*]*[*]*[*][*][N]*[O]*[P]*[E]*[]*[K]*[T]*[Q]*[*]*[*]*[*]*[*]*]*[]#

Some may have written about using cotton, gold... beads of all sorts, whatever

Whatever was meaningful for the quitter.

It was a great distraction.  It was part of achieving a milestone.  People would post and congratulate the person.  The only catch was, you had to be careful for post anniversary blues.