cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pmt

ALMOST HAD AN OH SHIT!

Today is day 46, and starting yesterday after receiving my mail through this mornings *** problems and more problems just moments ago discovering standing water beneath my washer and dryer.   Earlier today there was water on the kitchen floor coming from the direction of the dish washer.   The dish washer gets used maybe once a month,  It was about 2 weeks ago when last used. Which has not been resolved either, but I did turn off the water going to the dishwasher and washing machine.

I know why this is such an issue with me, that dang Nico Devil is messen' with me, these problems are fixable.   One big problem that I received in yesterdays mail was from my homeowners insurance co. telling me I need to remove trees from my property or else.  Many people in rural areas of Northern CA have just flat had their homeowners insurance not renew.   I personally know several in my community that have had this happen.  Also some of my friends that have homes that border the National Forest have received insurance premiums of $7,000/yr. for their $250,000 home.  My policy did increase $400 last year. 

I was given a chance, guidelines to follow in order to be insured.  Trees and vegetation within 100' of a building must be spaced at least 20' apart.  I've been living at this location for 18 years and have removed 31 small pine trees myself, selectively picking them to maintain my seclusion and have hired a tree service to remove 5 that were too big and too close to the house for me to even think about falling.   So, back to the required guidelines, this morning with boyfriend by my side, 100' tape and 2 can of spray paint in hand we began.  When done we had marked 52 trees that required removing.  So sad, not all of these trees are a threat, but I have to have insurance!   I believe with boy friends help we will be able to fall 'and clean up most of the trees on he back side of the property,  25 or so the rest will be hired out.  Because of my house location and fencing the trees will need to be climbed and taken down in sections.  I could be looking at a $10,000 +- price tag.  Dang!  I typed "Dang instead of * * * * , cuz I was able to come here and unload on you folks!  Thank you!   What timing, I do believe I am in KNOW MANS LAND!!!   I came so close to heading up to the gas station for a pack. I was in tears I'd had it!!!   Ralph said you've done so well, don't go, get on the computer with your group.   I'm not even gonna proof read this, it's going out to you as is>  Just being here doing this, knowing someone is out there has gotten me over the big challenge I think.  Now I'll just get though this last bit of tears and I'll pick up my pieces and carry on!  THANK YOU EX FRIENDS!!

pmt

29 Replies
Cousin-Itt

Unload anytime.  You can't really do much about it you might be able to shop around for a better price on your insurance.  You can also look at it this way The money you save from not smoking will pay for the tree removal I bet in less than 3 years   

I'm happy you came here instead of smoking    You're doing great

pmt

Thank you.  Agree it is what it is, fewer tress is less fire danger, I'll gettter done and move forward.  It was so good to be able to unload here.  I almost went the other route!!  Thanks for being here.

pmt     46  and holden' on!

sweetplt

Vent away...super job on 46 days of Freedom...~ Colleen 488 DOF 

pmt

Thank you Sweetplt!  Appreciate your being here!!

pmt   46   dOF  and I held on!!

YoungAtHeart

Vent away!  On a positive note, we get paid here by the word (jk!)  

When life throws life at you, try to remember that smoking will not do one thing FOR you, but so much TO you.  Can you imagine how awful you would have felt with it all if you had ALSO lost your quit?!!!

You made a decision not to smoke again NO MATTER WHAT!  You are getting through a bout of "WHAT!" and doing it well.  Proud of you!

Nancy

pmt

Thank You Nancy  🙂

Barbscloud

So glad you came here to protect your quit and your boyfriend reminded you  we're here for you.  That really does stink.   Aside from the expense, it' so nice to have beautiful trees around.   Shortly after I bought this house several years ago, they built a housing development across the street from me and cut everything down.  I was so sad.  Now I look at buildings.  

When you don't smoked when faced with something so stressful, it builds your confidence.   You've learned you're strong enough to face what l life brings your way.

Congrats on your continued success!

Barb

pmt

Thank You Barb!   Yes, the beauty and seclusion the trees offered.........oh well I'll get through it and maybe it will be even better when I'm done.   

jonimarie

Congrats on 46 days!

And your boyfriend is a keeper for nudging you not to smoke.

Those 1st 100 days are rough but I know you got it this go around