cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tator92

ALMOST 24 Hours down.

Last Wednesday was my quit date. I only made it 14 hours and did not last. I decided I needed a quit aid. I put the patch on Sunday and I smoked my last cigarette last night at 10:45pm. I’m having some cravings/side affects  due to probably needing a little more nicotine in my system but I’ve been managing. I’ve almost completed my first 24 hours! And I am so incredibly happy 

5 Replies

• @Tator92 Great job! I highly recommend Allan Carr’s book to help you quit smoking.  It helps you change your mind set and makes quitting easier.  Great job blogging here too - it is a great way to pass the time while you are waiting for the craving to subside.  You can do this!
Barbscloud

@Tator92 Congrats on your first day. That's ok that you got off on a rocky start.  That's why  its so important to educate yourself about quitting. Knowledge, preparation and support has made the difference for many of us to be successful.

This isn't easy and does take some work.  Right now, you're working through the process of your desire to quit and the addiction wanting  you to keep it up.  You can win that internal battle by educating yourself about nicotine addiction and putting a plan in place with how you'll deal with cravings, identifying your triggers and creating the new associations you'll create instead of smoking.  

And you just found an amazing group of quitters the are here to support you on this journey to becoming an Ex.  There will be ups and downs, but that is part of the journey.  We're here for you, so just reach out anytime we can help or want to share your experience.

This link is a great place to get you started on the right track.  https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

This is doable with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years to get it right because I skipped these two steps. in the past.  This time I was lucky to find the Ex and learned how to quit.   

Consider taking the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.  One day is all you have do right now.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Tator92 Thinking about you.  How are you doing?  

We're here for you cheering you on, so just reach out!

Barb

0 Kudos
Tator92

Today is day 3 and I have not smoked a cigarette. I’ve felt physically exhausted the last two days but other than that I am doing great 

Barbscloud

@Tator92 That's fabulous   Congrats on day 3.  Our bodies react differently when we eliminate nicotine.   Some quitters need to sleep and some need to keep moving.  Listening to your body is what's important.  Just get some rest for now as your body is healing.

Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barbscloud_0-1627670472498.png

Barb

0 Kudos