cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

samantha67

A newbie to this site, but not a newbie in attempting to quit! Hoping for success this time!!

I joined this site yesterday and have set my quit date for mid November (15th to be exact) I'm currently doing the preparation and will take any advice that any of you may have that have successfully acheived "non-smoker" status! Thanks in advance!

~Sam

0 Kudos
15 Replies
rlinder

I had a quit date of August 8 2011 and that date rolled by. I FINALLY made the decision to quit on Monady October 10th and so far so good. I don't want another cigar as it has almost ruined my teeth and I'm afraid of mouth cancer. I feel great and you will too. I'm glad to have finally kicked the habit. I think I'm out of the woods because even though I gets the urge now and then, they don't come as often and when they do, I don't think twice about buying a cigar. BTW, I also quit cigarettes 15 years ago only to pick the cigar habit.....

0 Kudos
lovelydmarie

Good Luck Sam!!!  I'm a 30 year old smoker that picked up my habit at 12. I't sad to say I've smoked for 18 years which is more time in my life than when I hadn't smoked. I'm in recovery from alcoholism and are realizing that smoking is just as addicive as booze if not more...I'm not sure that I'm ready to stop smoking NOW, but definately soon. I have too much to live for to live addicted to anything...It would be extra cool to have stopped drinking and smoking around the same time. I'll support you if you pretty please support me...Thanks for listening....Lovelydmarie

0 Kudos
lutakris

Hi,  I just joined this site today.  I set a quit date of January 1.  I'm not sure how serious I am about this because my past  attempts have failed.  I'm hopeful that this program and support will help me rise to the challenge.  In turn, I promise to support my fellow smokers so that we all will succeed.

0 Kudos
andre7

I've smoked on and off since I was 12 yrs. old.  At first, I thought it was cool.  Later, I smoked in order to be accepted among my peers.  Then, I smoked because my boss at worked smoked and I wanted to get on a personal basis with him to further my position.  Now, after completing an 8 wk. quit-smoking program, I lasted for about 8 wks. after the end of the program, and a life event sent me into a depression and I started back.  I continue to smoke and the amount of cigarettes I smoke is increasing at an enormous rate.  I really want to be an ex-smoker.  I wish I had never touched the stuff.  But I have.  There's no changing that.  I can only change the course of my future.  Please help me!  Please!!!

0 Kudos
andre7

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have gone as far as buying cigarettes using my credit card instead of paying cash for them.  What a sure sign of addiction...to pay for cigarettes with money that you don't even have.

0 Kudos
honey7

i need all the support i can get!!!!! it has always been hard for me to accept and acknowledge that i need help. so i'm asking for all the suuport i can get.

0 Kudos