cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

A Wise Elder Once Told Me.

"For when that door is closed, locked, and the key thrown away - what is left is Freedom". Giulia‌ , Oct 2015

Tags (1)
12 Replies

" That's all I did was declare it,,, "I'm Happy, I've quit smoking!"james41‌ June 10, 2010.

Roller831

I don't do that anymore! JonesCarpeDiem

One step and then another will take you where you want to be OldBones-Larry

susan_m

I promised myself complete honesty with this quit....I told myself that I would smoke if I could ever HONESTLY tell myself that smoking would change whatever it was that was bothering me.  Seems that once I was completely honest, I had to admit that smoking did not take away my chronic pain, smoking did not take away my anger, smoking did not relieve depression when I felt sad, smoking did not do a THING for me that was, in any way, positive.   elvan‌, December, 2016

You have to keep digging when you run into a hard spot. You can begin where you are, no matter where you are. You can use any tools that you like. You will find what you are looking for If you do the work. c2q, November 2016

elvan

susan_m  I remember writing that, Susan, and I think you expressed that you thought that was a pretty "brave" statement.  I stand by it...that complete honesty has gotten me close to four years of freedom.  Once I identified what my expectations were from cigarettes...it was pretty obvious that they consistently let me down.  The education about addiction to nicotine that I got from this site and the people here was and IS, priceless.  NOPE was my mantra for many months...

Ellen

susan_m

elvan‌, it was one of the wisest things communicated to me in my young quit, and it still resonates with me today.

elvan

susan_m I am so happy to hear that...it has kept ME quit for close to four years now and through some really difficult times.

Roller831

~I'd rather be a former smoker who occasionally desires a cigarette, than a smoker who constantly desires to quit.~Angie-Lah December 28, 2017

MarilynH

I used Dales saying quite often, I'd yell it at times that I don't do that anymore and I'd give my head several shakes and repeat it as often as I needed to and I stuck with N.O.P.E. and I'm heading for three and a half yrs on the 14th of January,

Cecesntraffic

is N.O.P.E. an acronym or just NOPE

0 Kudos